Cat frame... Who do I use? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-12-2015   #1

Ridgefield, Washington
Cat frame... Who do I use?

I am looking at purchasing Aire Jag tubes but need a frame to go with it. I have tried to contact Canyon Inflatables but they have not responded. I really like their swiftwater frame. Any ideas on who else to go with? I am located in SW WA.

kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015   #2

Pine, Colorado
Try DRL, I just bought a new frame for my Wave Destroyer from Dusty. Super easy to work with and really nice frame at a good price!
English Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1980
There is also Madcatr in Washington. Dave is great to work with.
There is also Whitewater Machine Works. Guy is great to work with.

Jim
Sembob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015   #4

North Bend, Oregon
Hi Kdub

We are working through emails and phone messages as fast as possible. All of our workforce is in the shop and we don't have a dedicated secretary for answering phones. We receive around 30-50 new boat inquiries daily and try and return calls or emails in the evenings and early mornings. We can probably put that whole package together for you as an OEM manufacturer we have access to all major brands on the market and it usually saves quite a bit over buying frame and inflatable seperate.

We have a huge wait list at this point so it depends on your time frame if we can to take on your project. We are currently doing boat packages for multiple people on mountainbuzz. Dave is a great guy and fabricator but is specialized in smaller playboat frames and often sends customers to us for bigger boats as we
have been sending people to him on the smaller frames during our backlog

Anyone highly qualified in Aluminum and Titanium work , CNC operator or experience operating laser bed cutting equipment we are hiring. We are looking for another full time welder highly experienced in TIG process.
Canyon
CanyonWhitewaterINF. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015   #5

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Add my name to those speaking highly of Dave at Madcatr. His loaner frame was great and he's been great to work with while building my new frame. Just a great guy on the phone.

- Jon
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015   #6

gresham, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub View Post
I am looking at purchasing Aire Jag tubes but need a frame to go with it. I have tried to contact Canyon Inflatables but they have not responded. I really like their swiftwater frame. Any ideas on who else to go with? I am located in SW WA.
I would stay clear of Canyon Inflatables. I know of a few people in the last year that have gone there and had lots of issues. mostly taking months longer that estimated and not getting everything that they paid for. He runs a scam of selling you Custom Canyon tubes but then give you Maxxon tubes when delivered.
SPARELINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015   #7

Vail, CO
Paddling Since: 2008
Here we go again...
Old 03-13-2015   #8

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
Check out Recretec, they make nice frames, boxes etc.
Madcatr makes nice day frames if you don't mind waiting a year. Nice choice with the Jag, but you're going to be needing a larger frame, probably a 4-5 bay.
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015   #9

vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
You didnt mention what type of boating you want to do. Primarily gear or play or combo. I have a friend selling a used steel one but I have no details on it. hes selling it with the lion tubes but would probably seperate. Pm me if you are interested.
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015   #10

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARELINK View Post
I would stay clear of Canyon Inflatables. I know of a few people in the last year that have gone there and had lots of issues. mostly taking months longer that estimated and not getting everything that they paid for. He runs a scam of selling you Custom Canyon tubes but then give you Maxxon tubes when delivered.
I second this.

Madcatr makes the bestest frames, but his turnaround time is now into 2016 from what I have heard. Dusty at DRL is a solid guy, I second recommending checking him out. Neil Nikirk out of California is also repping some frames that look interesting, pretty simple but they break down really small which may be a bonus. You can find him on the google by searching for something like nocoolers. He is also on facebook.

Edit- I see that you are talking about a frame for a Jag. I'm talking more playboat frames. If I were you I'd probably just get an NRS frame so it is flexible. Heavy, but flexible. I don't like that they don't have scout bars but I'm guessing with a Jag you want a floor so scout bars are a moot point then.