Best Paint for Inflatable rafts and kayaks? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Upstate, South Carolina
Best Paint for Inflatable rafts and kayaks?

What’s is the best paint to use for a inflatable ?

Anton8100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Grants Pass, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
I am working on this myself. I have narrowed it down to what I believe are the best two. System 6 coatings that can be purchased at rivergear.com or a product called liquid rubber sold by Inland Marine.

I have not yet had the chance to discuss this with someone at the Man of Rubber River Gear place.

I have spoken to folks at Inland Marine and West Marine who have had some significant experience repairing Hypalon rafts for use as yacht tenders which would seem to be a consistent cross over.

My raft is a urethane raft though and I m unsure if the epoxy paint sold by River Gear might be better.
Roguelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1969
Gacoflex, if you can find it. As with all painting, 90% is prep, 10% application. Have had decent results rolling it after thinning (about 20-25%), but best if you have access to sprayer and can go really lightly with several coats (up to 40% thinner). Don't paint in bright sun and allow at least 48-72 hours cure time after application. Good luck!
B4otter is offline   Reply With Quote