Baltik Boats - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2011   #1

Carey, Idaho
Baltik Boats

I know this has been posted before but I have additional questions about Baltik Boats. My buddy is looking at purchasing one and is hesitant as there is not a lot of info out there on them. Is there anyone out there with direct experience with this brand of boat - have one, paddled one, repaired one, seen one, etc? He would use the boat for whitewater - paddle raft and an oar set up so thoughts on this as well would be helpful. Appreciate the help.

odawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011   #2

Phoenix, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
A friend had one and found the floor to be prone to holes and leaks. The air bladder took on water and was a nightmare to clean and repair. A newer company that I've been very happy with is Saturn rafts out of Boise. In the same way Baltik has the 'get you started' pricing, Saturn is very cost friendly and has quality construction and great write-ups. Call them directly. You'll find them to be friendly and helpful. I ordered a Cat boat and I dig it. Saturn 208-559-0345 contact Jeff P.S. All boats come with: Carry bag, patch kit, pump, replacement d-rings, replacement valves and parts.
jackinjacksonhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #3

Marathon, Florida
If all you want is one to two years of life it will float. I would not recomend this boat. Mine [14 ft], came apart at three years. The pvc is not rugged enough to stand up to abrasions. It isa very cheaply built boat and their warranty is useless.

Jack
jackfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012   #4
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinjacksonhole View Post
A friend had one and found the floor to be prone to holes and leaks. The air bladder took on water and was a nightmare to clean and repair. A newer company that I've been very happy with is Saturn rafts out of Boise. In the same way Baltik has the 'get you started' pricing, Saturn is very cost friendly and has quality construction and great write-ups. Call them directly. You'll find them to be friendly and helpful. I ordered a Cat boat and I dig it. Saturn 208-559-0345 contact Jeff P.S. All boats come with: Carry bag, patch kit, pump, replacement d-rings, replacement valves and parts.
Saturns are shitty, there are other similarly priced boats (Maxxon, Rocky Mountain Rafts, etc) that are built better and last longer. Some people use their rafts 2-5 times a year and store and keep them up. If you plan on using a raft more look for a used one here on the rafts for sale. And stay away from scammem( Dave scaddon) pool toys