Mountain Buzz banner

Anyone ever pepper sauté a skunk?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Andy H. 
#1 ·
Sounds delicious, they are very abundant around camp too. Open to any better cooking methods with these tender critters.

#4 ·
What i learned from the local ******* population in biloxi as a child, was that blackend red fish is delicious! A cooking method created for the bigger, tougher fish. Why not use it on skunk?
Maybe remove the scent glands like some people do with deer?

And yes, ******* is a technical term, similar to cajun, they called themselves coonasse's when i lived there.

#5 · (Edited)
So the joke about Louisiana and the ********* goes:

"You go to a regular zoo, and at each animal display is a little plaque stating the animal's common name, the latin name, and then there's a paragraph about the animal's habitat, lifestyle, mating habits, etc.

At the Louisiana State Zoo, there's a little plaque stating the animal's common name, the ******* name, and then there's the recipe."

The summer after high school I worked as a painter on the rigs offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, usually flying out of Houma. There'd be about 12 guys packed into a Vietnam surplus Huey chopper, painted yellow and blue so they could find them easily when they went down, and we'd fly for about an hour over the swamps and bayous before passing over the muddy coastline and heading out another hour or two to the rigs. Flying over miles and miles of nothing but swamps and bayous. Then in the middle of the swamps would be a little shanty with a dock and a couple of boats tied up, in a place leagues past the end of the arable earth. Talk about subsistance and nothing more, going hunting and eating anything they could to keep from starving. I guess it was the only land left by the time the Acadians finished their trek down from Quebec.

Continuing the digression, it's not quite accurate, but here's one story of how the Acadians became the Cajuns:

Acadian Driftwood

-AH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.