Any weekday floaters near billings? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-21-2013   #1

missoula, montana
Paddling Since: 1990
Any weekday floaters near billings?

If its running I'm going to check out the Stillwater and Rosebud creeks Wednesday, the 8th of may. Doubt it will be running yet, but I brought all my gear just in case. I'll be driving from North Dakota to Missoula late Tuesday night, early wednesday morning. If you have the day off and want to get out, hit me up

sean_d_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013   #2

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 2003
I'm always down for some floating. I don't think there will be anything on the Rosebud's running yet at that time but maybe the Pot's section on the stilly will be runnable. PM me closer to that time and we will hook up.
Old 04-22-2013   #3

East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
I'm in Livingston and have some weekdays free. I work in ND so my schedule varies but when I'm home I like to hit the river on weekdays for sure. I just posted the same post and got zero replys for" SW Montana weekdays free. "
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
hey Spider, there a a few kayakers out here in BZN that like to head out to the gally on weekdays after work. i try to get out at least once a week after work. Are you kayaking or rafting?
Bpsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpsig View Post
hey Spider, there a a few kayakers out here in BZN that like to head out to the gally on weekdays after work. i try to get out at least once a week after work. Are you kayaking or rafting?
Raft, but I have a Maravia spider and it's like a super ducky. I definetly want to do some laps on the gally. I am totally free any afternoon and can bring my suburban for shuttle.
Old 04-22-2013   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Sounds good! I paddle with Glenn a lot, looks like you might already know him. My schedule is usually a little erratic as I can only get away when job, wife, kid commitments all line up and i'm free. I usually can get out once a week after work, and/or one weekend day. I could also probably arrange my work schedule where I could take a long lunch (3 hours) if we really wanted to rally down the river.
Bpsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #7

Cool, I'll be doing family YS floats all summer in my 18'er as well. Have plenty of room. I have a 18 month old son and wife. Glenn said 1000cfs is his raft min. on the gally. Looks like I need a bit more h20 on the gally (see Glenn's thread about flatline).
Old 04-22-2013   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
It's easy to find boaters in montana just don't expect people to drive 3 hours for class 3 everybody gots that shit at there home town runs. Next know what's running! Rosebuds? You are def optimistic dude. Pots are fun with enough flow I think 600 is good level 400 is low but scrapable quake is always running its juicy for winter boating anyways! Laps are quick . Or find some rapist van in gardiner and give me a call ill bring the spray paint!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #9

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Cool, I'll be doing family YS floats all summer in my 18'er as well. Have plenty of room. I have a 18 month old son and wife. Glenn said 1000cfs is his raft min. on the gally. Looks like I need a bit more h20 on the gally (see Glenn's thread about flatline).
I ran it with him last year at 1,400-ish and it was starting to get a tad low for my liking. I'm spoiled by deeper local rivers.

Big rafts like yours (and my 156R I was running that day) might float higher, but they also maneuver slower. I drug over a lot of bones down toward Storm Castle that a smaller raft could maneuver around.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
I ran it with him last year at 1,400-ish and it was starting to get a tad low for my liking. I'm spoiled by deeper local rivers.

Big rafts like yours (and my 156R I was running that day) might float higher, but they also maneuver slower. I drug over a lot of bones down toward Storm Castle that a smaller raft could maneuver around.
Yeah I'd be r2 in my spider boat on the gally.