Any rafting in may - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-11-2005   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to CroatianCookiemonster
Any rafting in may

Hey! I know this isn't a rafting forum but i figured i'd ask anyways. Does anyone know of any rafting company's that has trips at the end of may..that are at least class 4 rapids? I ran accross one clearcreek company that runs one through the gore canyon but they won't let just anyone go.

thanks-rachel

CroatianCookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005   #2

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Your best bet for comercial rafting at that time of year with some decent flows would be down in Durango, especially this year with the fat snow pack they have. Give Mild to Wild a call.

Their are many other places to go but usually at the end of may the rivers aren't flowing that great just yet but that is on a typical year I have seen 3000cfs on the arkansas at that time of year bu that was 96'.

Hope this helps.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #3
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
lower taos box on the rio grande might be something to look into. not sure though.
i am almost sure you could find a company to take you down the numbers on the arkansas in late may and definitely you can find a company to take you down the royal gorge in late may and tell you its class 4. hell, they'll tell you its class 5 if you want em to.
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005   #4

, MA
A company on the Arkansas that runs during that time is Arkansas River Tours...Well really all of the companies run then, but Im partial to ART. Often times in late May the water is up to fun high water. The Royal Gorge is a really fun run, get pretty big at big water. If the water does end up above 3200 cfs, most companies won't run commercially through the gorge. I don't know any companies that run trips down south, but I do know that a couple of the companies on the lower ARK run the rivers in southern CO early season.

Also like was said before, Pine Creek on the upper ARK is a real good section, and the Numbers is a lot of fun at high water.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #5
Abron Cabron

Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
the taos box is running @ 1000!!! right now! so is the chama!!! i would be more enthusiastic, but i am at work on a 48 hr. shift!!!
the box peaked at 1600 last year, so this looks pretty sweet so far. i hope it lasts for a while....
santa fe rafting will be up there every day.... www.santaferafting.com- (505) 988 4914. tell em abe sent ya.

the santa cruz, embudo, and pecos are running too...
p.s. what's up baird?? remember us punk kids from WRS in santa?
take care- see you on the rio!
abron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #6
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
sorry abe, might have the wrong baird, unless it was one of my trips where the whole thing was a blackout. dont know what WRS in santa is and dont remember any punk kids.
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #7
Abron Cabron

Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
sorry, my bad. wild river sports was the boating store in santa fe where i acquired my first setup of used gear,trading work for gear. .. and there was a baird who worked there, and then moved to co. ......
abron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #8

Come to A1 on the poudre. We should have water in the end of may and it should be class four in sections. We also have very cheap rates before june.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to CroatianCookiemonster
lol zbaird..so the royal gorge is really just class 3? I'm looking to capsize or something. heck i'll go toobing down the royal gorge if i have to.
CroatianCookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #10

Ogden, Utah
Paddling Since: 2003
the dolores. scheduled dam release says may will be kikin and will peak around the 26th of may.
check out http://www.durangorivertrippers.com/dolores.html
mrbrejcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rafting