Aire raft floating upside down on the Eagle in Edwards - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 06-02-2008   #1

Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Aire raft floating upside down on the Eagle in Edwards

I was standing on the foot bridge in Edwards right before River Walk today at about 1:30 PM and a yellow and grey Aire raft floated by me upside down. There was no one near it and I was unable to grab it as it came by. I called Vail dispatch and everyone is apparently ok. If it belongs to you, it was intact, looked like it had at least one oar attached, had about a 10 foot length of blue rope connected and was headed downstream. Hope you find it!

Kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008   #2

Edwards, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamehameha View Post
I was standing on the foot bridge in Edwards right before River Walk today at about 1:30 PM and a yellow and grey Aire raft floated by me upside down. There was no one near it and I was unable to grab it as it came by. I called Vail dispatch and everyone is apparently ok. If it belongs to you, it was intact, looked like it had at least one oar attached, had about a 10 foot length of blue rope connected and was headed downstream. Hope you find it!
Interesting...I watched the bottom hole of the Avon Play Park flip them. Everyone got out of the water OK. Hopefully they made it down to Edwards to retrieve the raft.
outdoormikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #3

Rotorua, NZ
yeah they are all good, raft recovered, only lost a couple of water bottles

thanks for the concern guys
paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008   #4

West Copper, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
that hole looked river wide & kinda mean on Sunday...it still punchable in a raft?
Chuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #5

kayaker
yeah its still good to go but you better row hard and have a pretty full raft. The raft today was thought to be too light to blast through. Good luck.
ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire, rafting