Aire Lion vs NRS Kodiak cataraft tubes - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-05-2019   #11

idaho falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2010
Aire Lion 4 me

I love my 16 Aire Loin. I also have a 13 foot NRS raft. Both GREAT boats, but you can't beat Aire Cats. Better resale as well.

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019   #12

Calgary, Alberta
Thanks for the info everyone. I decided to go with the Lions. They dropped the price for me because of totally blowing their delivery date a few times.

Can anyone recommend some good videos or write-ups about how to patch the Aires?
Red Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019   #13

salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Look up the tear aid repair for the inner bladder and watch the baseball stitch video for the outer shell... aire recommends just stitching the outside bladder until you get it off the river for them to professionally repair.. easy for me being in Idaho not so easy for you. So you might look into actually patching. i think both nrs and aires sites have videos on repair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
codycleve is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019   #14

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Aire has lots or videos on YouTube, worth checking them all out IMO so you know what to do should you have issues on the water.
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019   #15

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Congratulations. I think you will love your new boat.

Tear aid was mentioned. Totally out of context but it is great stuff. I always carry both flavors not just for me but in case I'm on the river with someone with a Coleman tent or any tent with FIBERGLASS TENT POLES!(Another current thread on MB).

Sorry, sorry, but been there done that doing repairs on a cheap tent many times for some other river partner. But then again, I guess I've done repairs on many expensive tents also for one reason or another. Anyway, never travel without Tear Aid.
GeoRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019   #16

North Hudson, United States
Paddling Since: 2000
I've got NRS River Cat Tubes and an Aire Raft. Love the design of Aire. They are bomb proof. Honestly I wanted the 16ft Lion tubes but couldn't find a deal on them used or new that matched the River Cats I got which were in like new condition. The only upside for me is I don't have room to store my rafts inflated and the hypalon River Cat tubes roll nice and tight and store compactly.

I'll definitely be getting Aire tubes when the River Cats bite the dust. You made the right choice and I'm sure you'll be happy with it long term.

Sent from my VS995 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
MountainVisions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019   #17

Calgary, Alberta
Thanks for the help everyone!
Red Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire, cataraft