So...I got new hatch seals in today and the new bilge pump gets here tomorrow.
I pulled all old bilge system out today and got a better idea of what I'm working with. I think I'm gonna have to replace most of the hoses that connects everything...but that is no big deal.
So...the hose that is/was installed in the boat is 1 5/16"(1.3125") ID. It is flexible PVC and says "Tigerwall" on the side... probably just whatever the hardware had for that size and type of tubing. The metal tubes/nipples that connect between the hatch walls and into foot wells is 1.3125" OD to match...and is .125 wall so about 1 1/16" ID. It feels like that will be the bottle neck. The output of the old pump had a much smaller plastic hose going through a larger PVC tube. I forgot to put a caliper on it...but it looks bigger then the other hoses and my guess (and hope) is that its 1.25" hose.
With all those hose sizes in mind...I think I got the right pump. It would be a pretty big project to upgrade to a larger size...so I'm hoping it will work out. I scoped out the placement of the pump in the captains well...and there is a perfect spot for it under the foot push boards where I won't be kicking it too much. Gonna make a little platform to put in the bottom of the captains well to make a little sump area for it too. The switch and wiring from the old pump looks janky...so I'll probably replace all that too.
I got Trimlok gaskets to replace the hatch gaskets. Most of the hatches have 2 or 3 sides of the hatch with just a metal edge, but most of them have at least one side that is flat (one is all edges and one has two flats) so I got some gasket to do both styles. Gonna squirt some RTV or Super glue or maybe use contact cement to seal the gaps between the styles of gasket.
I got this one for the edges...
and this one for the flats...
Not too long and I'll need to be drilling some holes in my boat... not really looking forward to that but it'll have to be done.