Wallowa/Grande Ronde Rafting/Floating Information - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-09-2017   #11

Grants Pass, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthomas View Post
I mean really, worm containers, salmon egg jars, snelled hook plastic stuff, cans and broken glass in the stupid fire pit, seriously?
I hate this. Big Gulp cups and other trash left on the shore. A huge sign of ignorance.

I generally don't get too worked up over a single fire ring but never can understand why every once in a while you see several in the same area.

That said, ya gotta love when someone videos and then posts their criminal behavior. . . . and to such soothing music. It would be too funny if the guy ends up with a citation in the mail. Wouldn't be all that difficult to find him.

Roguelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2017   #12
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
Furthermore, for newbies that have landed on this site with a google search for Wallowa/Grande Ronde floating info, a couple more videos on impacts from lack of fire pan use.

here is a little lecture on groover use:

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017   #13
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthomas View Post
ts been my experience that fly fisherman are much better than bait dunkers.
Well take a look at the second video above of what not to do on my original post. The video is of a group of kayakers, also showing them fly fishing, with a big ass fire right up on the bar in the middle of camp. Ignorance is not limited by fishing style. Also if interest is, 2 of the 3 videos are of Kayakers. Maybe they think cause they have limited space they are exempt from packing out poop and not using a fire pan. FYI to kayakers, you also must follow the rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019   #14
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
As another spring rafting season commences, I am amazed by the lack of use of fire pans and grooves by what appear to be well seasoned river crews.

My hope is that folks looking to float the Wallowa-Grande Ronde might find this thread through a google search. If this is pertains to you, please do not build fire rings (or use existing rings) for big old camp fires like these shit weasels do at minute 2:42. It is against the law. It is easy to use 2 oil change pans to make a simple fire pan.

Stephen Mathras, you and you crew are assholes, I know exactly the camp you and your crew felt the need to defile. congratulations for making my long running shit weasel list
Old 04-06-2019   #15
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
not my video, but the start shows a cheap way of how a fire is properly contained in a cheap oil pan. Bravo

Old 04-08-2019   #16

little rock, Arkansas
LOL shit weasels. I really want to OC1 this with my daughter. Just have to convince the GF to row and find some other fun stuff to justify the loooooooong drive.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rafting