TAOS Rio Grande - 3,200cfs - 2017 Mother's Day White Water Festival - Kayak and Raft - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Old 05-12-2017   #1

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1990
TAOS Rio Grande - 3,200cfs - 2017 Mother's Day White Water Festival - Kayak and Raft

See announcement below

Vintage TV coverage

The 2017 Mother’s Day Whitewater Festival (the MDWWF) is this Saturday evening and Sunday and we welcome you come join the festivities.

- Saturday May 13th 2017

Free camping at Rio Bravo Group Shelter (W side of river at Taos Junction Bridge)

7:00 PM Rio Bravo Group Shelter. Dutch Oven Cook Off. Those present will be the judges for prizes for best dish and best desert.

- Sunday, May 14th, 2017, Mother's Day

8:00 – 10:00 AM General Race Registration at Quartzite. $15 for the First Race, $5 for each race after, $45 per team of four, Rafting Race. First 75 entrants get a Festival T-Shirt

10:00 AM - Downriver Race (meet at Quartzite)
Men’s and Women’s Division Kayak, SUP and Canoe

12:00 PM – 2:00 PM - Geology Float with Paul Bauer, prize-winning author of the Guidebook to the Rio Grande.

-3:30PM – 4:00PM - Kid and Mom Tandem Race (meet at Souse Hole) starts at Souse Hole and finishes at County Line. (Ik's, Kayaks, SUP, Raft's)

-5PM – 6PM Raft R-4 Downriver Race (four paddlers per boat) – Quartzite to County Line

-6:30PM Après Race Awards & Party: Just down road from races on right at Blue Heron Brewery. Beer specials and free food for all competitors!

You can find the full schedule here New Mexico River Outfitters Association :: Rafting New Mexico :: NMROA
with additional discussions at these internet locations
https://www.facebook.com/mdrgwf
https://www.facebook.com/groups/311286975604339/
https://www.meetup.com/Albuquerque-S...nts/239001260/

********** Please let us know if/how you will participate this year by replying to this message with a CC to [email protected] with one of the preferred responses below. ****Add your name in the reply since we may not know who you are just by your email.****

Call me with any questions.
Andrew Vanis, MDWWF Volunteer
505-304-5306
[email protected]

[ ] I am attending.

[ ] I got this message and I am: not attending/don’t know yet/___fill in the blank___.

[ ] I am attending and I plan on participating in these events ______.

[ ] I am attending and I would like to volunteer, please contact me at ____________ (email, and phone please), I would be able to help these times ___________

[ ] ___make your own reply____.

Andrew Vanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement