Stay away from Chaffee, an update from the Ark - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #21

C. Springs, Colorado
Marshall....your ignorance shines brightly if you truly think that a nursery business in Colorado is not seasonal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Don Dubin is a good friend, a boater and a leader of our local search and rescue. He was on point with his letter. There is too much negativity in our society as it is. There is no need to throw a local business owner under the bus for donating to the food pantry. If you don't like the way he does business, then don't shop there.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
i dunno' i think the taboo against questioning how much people make only aides and abets the rich in their reverse Robin Hood scheme to steal from the poor and middle class and give to the rich...however,in this instance it should have been obvious that a local hands on small businessman in a small community was not making anywhere near that much,If he was questioning him would be good.People make mistakes .The paper made one and so did the guy believing an obvious mistake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #24

Quote:
Might not want to head to Silverton and do stupid things in front of the Sheriff. https://the-journal.com/articles/176...recreationists

I think this quote from the Sheriff pretty much sums up a lot of the discussion about boating travel during COVID.

Quote:
“They all thought they were special and the rules didn’t apply to them,” he said.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #25

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolson View Post
I think this quote from the Sheriff pretty much sums up a lot of the discussion about boating travel during COVID.
Quote:
“They all thought they were special and the rules didn’t apply to them,” he said.
What a bunch of friggin' idiots. They don't even realize they're no more special than any of you other folks out there, and that I'm the only one who's REALLY special and can go around ignoring the public health closures!

All the rest of you guys should stay home.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #26

Buena Vista, Colorado
never mind
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #27

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
I'm waiting for a manslaughter charge to be brought on a person who while violating a health order infects someone who then dies and it can be proven.

Maybe that will wake people up.

The unintentional death of another person as a result of reckless actions, negligence, criminal activity, or any person's actions is involuntary manslaughter

Constructive manslaughter is also referred to as "unlawful act" manslaughter. It is based on the doctrine of constructive malice, whereby the malicious intent inherent in the commission of a crime is considered to apply to the consequences of that crime. It occurs when someone kills, without intent, in the course of committing an unlawful act. The malice involved in the crime is transferred to the killing, resulting in a charge of manslaughter.

Also, BTW, after a long hiatus, 2 new cases in Fremont County 5 days after the Saturday after everyone on Mtn. Buzz was saying it was the place to go.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #28

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #29

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
Marshall....your ignorance shines brightly if you truly think that a nursery business in Colorado is not seasonal.

This business is hardly seasonal, they sell hot tubs, furniture, landscaping services, irrigation systems, they are a full service florist with delivery,they sell vegetables and herbs, bulk delivery, Christmas trees and wreathes etc. Diverse doesn't begin to describe them. But then you wouldn't know cause you didn't do your home work before lashing out at me.

You might want to inform yourself before attacking others.

I'm about done with the toxicity here. used to be a cool place.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #30

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNichols View Post
I was waiting for this. You don't like the message, attack the sender. I've lived here over 2 decades, and pay thru the ass for most things, as the businesses extort money from the shoppers. The Mountain mail, printed profit. They made the fuckup and you're lambasting me for pointing out what I saw to be price gouging. What Mr Dubin pointed out as to being a seasonal business, it's not, they operate year round. Irregardless, I sent a letter to the editor making a retraction:

Noting the retraction printed in today's paper regarding Brady's Garden Center donating 10 percent of a week's sales to the Presbyterian Church's food bank, and NOT ten percent if its profits as was incorrectly reported by the Mountain Mail, I wish to retract my previous letter to the editor and make an apology for relying on "news" that was incorrect while composing that LTE.. Gross sales, and profits are 2 different things, one would have thought the Mountain Mail would have made the correct distinction. My sincere apologies to Mr. Brady.
They have not to date, chosen to print it.
And for what it's worth, I don't hide behind a moniker like some..
Nice try at trying to walk this back, you should be a politician. Regardless of the misinformation he donated money and you wrote some snarky letter criticizing him!
Closed Thread

Tags
ark