Ski, Boat, Drink, Shower & Pee all in the same watershed? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Old 12-09-2015   #1

Ski, Boat, Drink, Shower & Pee all in the same watershed?

Driving home today from skiing I was wondering how many people ski, boat, drink, shower and pee all in the same watershed? I've had a Loveland Pass for a couple of years, love to boat all of Clear Creek and live in Golden. If I miss a good powder day, I'll catch it later as either runoff or a craft beer!

PS- I realize most everyone in Colorado plays and lives in either the Colorado or Mississippi watershed, but was hoping to get more specific than that.

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015   #2

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
That gets complicated. When I lived in Aurora and read the city water supply reports, they get some of their water from the Fryingpan project, so if I skied Aspen, boated the Ark, and flushed into the South Platte, it would have all been within Aurora Water's watershed.
Also, isn't most of the beer made with Clear Creek water Coors? And for that matter isn't most of what is in a Coors just water from Clear Creek filtered past like one hop?
asleep.at.the.oars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015   #3

Pinecliffe, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Coors brews using recycled urine from the waste station north of HWY 58, its Clear Creek watershed squared, a brand soon to be on the market for $30 a case in Golden only it will be called CC watershed to the third.
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015   #4
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Gunnison/CB locals do....ski in the mtns around CB, boat on the CB Creeks, Taylor, Gunny, Lake Fork, and live in the middle of the system.
Old 12-09-2015   #5
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
don't ski as much as I used to, but I have skied w.p. park for years, have boated as far up stream as the fraser river in my back yard( and as far down stream as cat), and have bathed and added to the cfs for a large portion of the Colorado river shed.
Plan to boat as much of this drainage as possible before I die, and hope someday my ashes get added to it's flow ( dear lord please, just one last river trip!!)

by it, and with it, and on it, and in it.
Old 12-09-2015   #6

Walterville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
ski, boat, drink, shower and pee all in the same watershed?
Yep, the McKenzie watershed, Oregon. That is if you count Hoodoo as skiing.
Old 12-10-2015   #7
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I do. I ski, paddle, and piss in the Arkansas. Then it becomes Front Range drinking water. Enjoy my sloppy seconds Colorado Springs!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep.at.the.oars View Post
That gets complicated. When I lived in Aurora and read the city water supply reports, they get some of their water from the Fryingpan project, so if I skied Aspen, boated the Ark, and flushed into the South Platte, it would have all been within Aurora Water's watershed.
Also, isn't most of the beer made with Clear Creek water Coors? And for that matter isn't most of what is in a Coors just water from Clear Creek filtered past like one hop?
Golden City Brewery, Mountain Toad and Cannonball Creek all use Clear Creek water.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015   #9

Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I try to do a whirly-bird pee on the Continental Divide as much as possible to spread the pirate love to multiple watersheds!
Old 12-11-2015   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Eldora, Boulder Creek, Boulder resident.

Though I usually ski WP, but then I'll reside there in the camper for a few days. Still yet th paddle the Frasier.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote