Ok folks it's scheduled to begin June 3rd. It will take us 5-7 days to get to the peak release of 5,000 cfs, and then we'll hold for 5 days (perhaps 1 or 2 extra days if conditions warrant) and then we'll ramp down over 3 days. The Animas is forecast to be cranking pretty high so we're hoping to get about 10k cfs down there for the ESA requirements. It takes about 2.5-3 days to get to Bluff at the highest flow level.
The schedule is a bit flexible, and will depend on ground conditions, so I'll keep updating our release notices page with information as we move through the release. Sometimes I neglect mountainbuzz when I get really busy so feel free to email or call me or just go to the webpage for more info.
Susan Novak Behery, P.E.
Western Colorado Area Office
For Navajo Reservoir Operations and information, visit