River Runners Shuttle - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
River Runners Shuttle

Just returned from a fabulous MFS adventure and just wanted to give RRs a big thumbs up for their outstanding shuttle work. On time every time for the past 14 years. Both trucks, including the rental, arrived at Cache Bar in perfect shape. Thanks again for your painless service.

fdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
fdon,

Thanks for the shout out for good service. Just to be clear, is this the River Runners shuttle out of Vernal UT (who is a great outfit)? Or is there a different one up in ID?

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
Well,
We used River Shuttles out of Salmon ID for the last adventure but have used River Runners many times in the past as well. Both businesses have a perfect track record with our group. Thanks for the catch Andy.
fdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
fdon,

Thanks for the shout out for good service. Just to be clear, is this the River Runners shuttle out of Vernal UT (who is a great outfit)? Or is there a different one up in ID?

-AH
Would have to be the one in ID... The one in Vernal is River Runners Transport I believe, I've had some truly bad experiences with them in the past, and then there's Greg out of Meadview AZ that runs River Runners Shuttle, a truly great shuttle for GC.
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The couple experiences I had with River Runners Transport out of Vernal were just fine. I have heard a few horror stories before, but our vehicles showed up when and where they were supposed to, with no problems.
lmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Glad it worked out for you. The list of horror stories seems to have abated in the past few years, I can only hope they got better at what they do, and have purchased insurance so you're protected when things go wrong, but when I called 3 years ago for a Deso shuttle, they were still uninsured. The Airplane shuttle from Redtail aviation was cheaper, and much more fun, plus your vehicle never moves..
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Never enough free time

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1998
I've had nothing but good experiences with both the ID and UT companies.
MontanaLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

River Runners Vernal

I have used them for at least 15 years and never had a problem. I got a flat tire once and it was ready for me in Green River just as promised. We once had an issue with a bad key and they drove us back the the put in after the trip was over. Nothing but good service from Ed and Melanie.
zercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zercon View Post
I have used them for at least 15 years and never had a problem. I got a flat tire once and it was ready for me in Green River just as promised. We once had an issue with a bad key and they drove us back the the put in after the trip was over. Nothing but good service from Ed and Melanie.
Been using them for over 15 years as well. Always great service, ALWAYS!!!
Had a issue one trip when it was a one car shuttle on a short cancelation we picked up. The original vehicle we used to get to the take out had a fuel pump issue at the put in. River Runners went the extra mile to contact other folks we have boated with on other trips and between the friends and River Runners there was a vehicle at the take out. We were not stranded when we pulled off the river. They are great folks to do business with!!!
Thanks Ed and Mel!!!!
dport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #10

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I have used RRT in vernal about 30 times in the last 20 years or so. NEVER had an issue. Only great service and when I needed additional help they always stepped up and went the extra mile. I use them for every Yampa, Flaming Gorge and Desolation trip. I believe that they do about 3000 shuttles a year. On this site I have read very few complaints about them, which says a lot about how good a shuttle service they are.