Renting a bug cabin at Sand Wash. - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-23-2018   #1

C. Springs, Colorado
Renting a bug cabin at Sand Wash.

Sooooo.......I've been trying to rent a cabin for an upcoming Deso trip. Naturally, I'm trying to rent it through Rec.gov. I saw a little red note at the bottom of one of the pages saying they would be available March 22nd. Low and behold....they list them for rent on REC.GOV, but it's all X's with no note anywhere. After much thought on why the cabins at Sand Wash "ain't for rent". I called the Price BLM office to see what was up. Come to find out....You need to call the Price BLM office to rent the cabins. They seem to have taken that privilage and service away from REC.GOV. (applause and whistles)

Sooo....long story short. If your trying to rent one of the bug cabins at Sand Wash call the Price BLM and talk to a real person. (435)636-3600. The lady that I talked to, took my info and easy peasy.... rented me a couple of cabins.

Now....how would one get REC.GOV to put a foot note or two about how you rent a cabin at Sand Wash?

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2018   #2

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
In the middle of the 6th paragraph of Permit Area Facility Details for Deso on rec.gov is a mention of calling the BLM Price office for cabin rentals....I totally agree that it should be mentioned where cabins are listed to "reserve", though in reality, you cannnot!
Old 03-23-2018   #3

Dang, thanks for that. When I emailed them they said "the facility has not established their 2018 inventory; I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please check the website for updates"

That was a month ago. Been checking back since.....I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they couldn't figure out the inventory of 4 cabins for the summer lol
Osprey is online now   Reply With Quote