Prop DD - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #21

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
You should come out and do some target shooting with us some time Ron. Maybe we can even teach you how to pee standing up.
noahfecks, we have butted heads long enough that I consider you a close friend. I did that with my mother-in-law long enough and that in-her-end is what we concluded.

I welcome your invitation to do some target shooting but let me define the terms of testing manhood(NO!!!!, you may not touch mine to teach me how to pee).

You will compete with my SO, let's call her a petite woman of about 120#'s named "Peg". You, or anyone you call "us" will first run a quarter mile side by side with "Peg" before shooting.

Trust me, you'll be about an eighth of a mile or more behind Peg reaching the shooting line, I think. At the run's finish line "Peg" will use her $2.5K biathlon rifle against any choice of your target perforators at 50 yards.

I think before your man reaches with a 100 yards of the finish line "Peg" will already have put 5 open-sight holes within or near a circle defined by a 50 cent piece.

Let's not bring this up with Peg, a former state biathlon champion. She will consider us male jerks for even bringing this up. Well, maybe I am a male jerk for bringing this up.

Your friend,
Ron

Let's go boating.

GeoRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22

Golden, Colorado
Complex!

I welcome our feedback for what it matters concerning our collective vote.

Andy's social concern about social decay are relevant. EM's thoughts are likewise deeply thoughtful.

For me, time to think.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23

Defiance, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Peg sounds like a hell of a guy, I would boat or shoot with her any day.
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #24
SarahofTheWaves

FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
Not a fan of gambling. I do not see the connection in any way. Why should sports betting pay for water conservation, dams, playparks. It just seems like another round about way to lose track of our tax dollars in an off season election. (Yes, taxing gamblers who don't count somehow.)
sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #25

Any opinion from AW?

I would be curious to hear AW's opinion....Evan, do you have anything to share with the forum?
H2Obug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #26

Golden, Colorado
For what it is worth(one vote), I decided to vote yes on "DD". I read the AR write up provided by rwhyman and all the links to articles therein.

https://www.americanrivers.org/2019/...ou-should-too/

1. Sports betting is inevitable.
2. There is no way to stop people from spending money foolishly.
3. Taxes from gambling are going to a good cause, our cause(supposedly).
4. That good cause needs seed money to grow.
5. More jobs in our gambling wastelands(sorry, BH/CC and CC).
6. American Rivers supports DD.
Old 1 Weeks Ago   #27

Denver, Colorado
Colorado Trout Unlimited is yes for DD
https://coloradotu.org/blog/2019/10/...utive-director
capino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #28

The revenue generated through Prop DD will be used for implementation of the Colorado Water Plan.

https://www.colorado.gov/cowaterplan
gyrogyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #29

It's all driven by TABOR - the Taxpayers Bill of Rights, which extremely limits our state budget. Any increase in state taxes (versus fees) has to go to vote of the people.
gyrogyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #30

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrogyrl View Post
The revenue generated through Prop DD will be used for implementation of the Colorado Water Plan.

https://www.colorado.gov/cowaterplan
Thanks Dede.

There are lots of things that'll be funded by Prop DD. This includes infrastructure spending (dams, diversions, etc.), programs and lots of other stuff. Maybe there'll be some whitewater parks and boatramps, but this won't be the main focus of the spending. I just read in a bill that the State's water well inspection program would be staffed to their mandated number of inspectors with Prop DD funding.

Off Topic Threadjack: As an example of TABOR's effect, the State's water well inspection program has only had half the number of well inspectors it's mandated to have (by law) for years. And as a result, the well inspection program has been so shitty that there are lots of shitty contractors out there. And there are enough shitty water well contractors that the state-wide industry trade group has even paid a lobbyist for several years to beg the legislature to properly fund the program and put more inspectors in the field to oversee their own industry. Just let that sink in. Can you imagine the oil industry asking the EPA to send out more field inspectors? Or the Homebuilders Association asking for more stringent building inspections? That's how bad it's been. PM me if you want to know more...

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote