Pool water on rubber - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-15-2019   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Pool water on rubber

How bad for inflatables is chemically treated pool water? I am considering taking my 6 year old to the pool session to try out her new Aire Spud duckie (and my new canoe) and was wondering if the treated water would do significant damage. Obviously I would rinse it off after.

almortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019   #2
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
have fun, rinse it out and you'll be fine.
Old 03-18-2019   #3

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
I'm thinking the floating brown logs in the pool would be a bigger hazard.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2019   #4

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Yeah, rinse it REALLY well before to keep organics (dead bugs, leaves, mud, etc) out of the pool. Even more than pee or sweat, this is what really messes with pool chemistry and gets pool sessions shut down to boaters.

Then rinse it well when you're done to keep the chlorine off. That Aire Spud is a bladdered boat, may want to rinse it a bit more than a boat without a separate skin...could even deflate it partially and unzip it partway to get some water between the outer hull and the bladder.

If I'm doing pool sessions, I will typically clean one boat VERY well, then keep it clean for the rest of the pool season. Once I hit the river, I forget about pools and keep boating.

Similar logic applies when moving from one body of water to another to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote