Polis: No recreating beyond ten miles from your house - an order - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020   #41

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
this is posted at 2 points on the way into telluride. Still seeing random out of state plates and today a couple big RV's (TX and CA plates) rolling into town right past the signs. I had a guy from out of state call the bike shop where I work today and asked if our trails were open as he wanted to come do some social distance biking. I told him no, our trails are still snowed in, and he then asked where in the region he could go biking. I told him to figure out something to ride very near to where he lives. I agree we should stay put for a while longer, and realize how attractive our small mountain communities are compared to other places, but these communities are super vulnerable due to lots of factors including our limited medical resources. just stay very close to home. I know thats easy to say when you live in a great place, but still, it's what needs to happen and the right thing to do for our society as a whole.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020   #42

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
trying to get this photo to attach:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6273.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	45737  
Old 04-28-2020   #43
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
I will be on the Poudre till June. Just like most years.

These stay at home orders lead me to an interesting question. Sure its unconstitutional without a declaration of martial law. But its not the first time we've been down this road. We did it during the spanish flu and lots of times cause of smallpox going all the way back to the founding fathers. Now this order does infringe on your rights, no question. But spreading desease infringes on other peoples right to life. I find some irony there as the us government is trying to stop desease. Quite was the opposite in the case of how they treated the Native Americans. And when it comes to closing counties....those people better not be leaving their county or else what was the point? Oh well...what was my point? I guess for all those who feel that their liberties are getting trampled on, you could infringe on other peoples life, liberty and happiness by not complying.
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020   #44

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Freedom

Our goal in life should be to live as free as possible without taking the freedom to do the same from another.
Old 04-28-2020   #45

Arnold, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNichols View Post
Apparently Google is all over it

https://bit.ly/35cGpE0

FWIW

My mom lives in one of the neighborhoods and it was very effective. However Iím very skeptical it would be viable in a tropical environment where it would actually matter.
Old 04-29-2020   #46

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm really getting confused. I thought we were supposed to recreate 10 miles from our home or closer according to our intelligent and articulate governor Polis last proclamation. Did I misinterpret what he asked us to do?

OMG, I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard !!

Intelligent and articulate ? I can't stop laughing !!! Thanks for the morning funny, I needed it...
Old 04-29-2020   #47

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgoCat View Post
Our goal in life should be to live as free as possible without taking the freedom to do the same from another.

Well stated, and a solid argument for the "Stay the fuck at home" edict..
Old 04-29-2020   #48

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Well said
Old 04-29-2020   #49

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCo View Post
Sure its unconstitutional without a declaration of martial law.
I'm not aware of any case law regarding limits on the right to assembly for the purpose of addressing disease transmission, but there is plenty of case law establishing that it is constitutional for governments to limit the right to assembly for the purpose of public safety, typically to prevent violence, and it has nothing to do with martial law. So this is NOT sure, and not how constitutionality is established in any case.
Old 04-29-2020   #50

Phoenix, Arizona
Bummer for Colorado. Arizona does not have to "stay the fuck at home" and we doing just fine.
Closed Thread