Polis: No recreating beyond ten miles from your house - an order - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020   #31

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterhopper View Post
discreet
Misspelling your way into the future ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020   #32

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
Fuck that guy.

Productive enough for you?

I can feel the love way over here Griz, Polis is an idiot, who in MY opinion has zero idea what to do, or how to do it. At least Washington sorta has a handle on it, but rescinding the stay at home order is sorta like saying, I'm going to stop taking my antibiotics cause I sorta feel better. The inevitable results are predictable..

When the second wave hits, and it's likely, we will be right back in quarantine, the economy will completely tank and the government will be bankrupt along with all the cities and counties that are already strapped. Bankruptcy will be the new social norm for small businesses.

Although I do admit I have found an affection for Quarantinis (A martini you drink alone in isolation LOL)
Old 04-28-2020   #33

lafayette or Grand Lake, Depends on mood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
You surprise me GeoRon, getting out on Chatfield res. Good for you, just did not expect it you lucky dog. I thought you would be a stay safe at home kind of guy. You picked a great day to go out and recreate, perfect weather, although windy up my way..I'm patiently (or maybe not so) waiting for the okay to go to WY or MT where the virus has not run wild through the state like Here. I'm high risk so going out in Colorado unnecessarily is not a good choice for me.
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020   #34

Boise, ID
Paddling Since: '99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterhopper View Post
discreet
I can row better than I can spell. Yes, discreet.
Old 04-28-2020   #35

Golden, Colorado
Mnichols, I think the one thing that gives me a little more faith in reopening is that I fall into that “essential” worker bee category, have to still travel around the West exempted from quarantines and see every day how people and open businesses have already adapted. People fucking “got it”. Every week, I see more and better adaptation. We flattened the curve, people got it now it’s time to move forward and figure out the next steps to give people a fighting chance who need to work. Delay just worsens the damage to the economy with less and less jobs to come back to with every day that passes. The “I’m from the government and here to help” businesses is yielding typical shit, ineffectual results.

And,yup, allot of small and struggling larger businesses will not survive, no doubt. Man, I would not want to own a restaurant for a long time, for sure.

Cheers,dude.

Bighorn, yeah, drove down through MT along the Madison River a few days ago. Boat ramps were loaded but MT is doing well with the virus. Go figure,huh? Guess all those folks can think and care for themselves just fine up there.
Old 04-28-2020   #36

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You surprise me GeoRon, getting out on Chatfield res. Good for you, just did not expect it you lucky dog. I thought you would be a stay safe at home kind of guy. You picked a great day to go out and recreate, perfect weather, although windy up my way..I'm patiently (or maybe not so) waiting for the okay to go to WY or MT where the virus has not run wild through the state like Here. I'm high risk so going out in Colorado unnecessarily is not a good choice for me.
I'm following guideline laid out by our intelligent and articulate governor who won by a landslide which summarizes to "exercise close to home while hyper vigilant". Before 8 this am we were the only car in the parking lot where we launch. We stay away from the marinas where people concentrate. If anyone is in sight before or after paddling we do our due diligence and wear masks always with greater than recommended distancing. As our most recent great president Obama used to say, "it is the right thing to do". He would always say that during his speeches when it was obvious that thoughtless people would not recognize right from wrong, like now with regard to people not caring about life when it interferes with their selfish interests.

The winds were mild out of the south. The sun was very nice. There were many rafts of Franklin Gulls in high contrast breeding plumage. Several gravel beaches had avocets and dowitchers. As we were leaving at 10am winds pivoted to gusting strongly from the north. That was our 10th day out sea kayaking this year and by far the warmest and mildest winds. Ya hoo.
Old 04-28-2020   #37

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
I missed to mention the most significant reality with regard to how wonderful my day of local exercise was. I exercised within guidelines.

I completely respect MNichols telling us to stay the f'k away from his counties. Or did you MNichols give a high five to gris for being a "complete dick" relative to questioning authority and to do what ever he pleases. I can't tell so would you clarify. Is griz a complete dick or not?

griz, please go play in Fremont and Chafee county until your bro MNichols notifies you other wise, which was a couple of hours ago by my watch.

griz, please obey Eagle and Grand counties request that they prefer you not come there.

GeoRon, I am not anonymous if you ask.
Old 04-28-2020   #38

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
If your hobbies require discretion, be discrete about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by griz
Bighorn, yeah, drove down through MT along the Madison River a few days ago. Boat ramps were loaded but MT is doing well with the virus. Go figure,huh? Guess all those folks can think and care for themselves just fine up there.
griz, see above! Please let everyone in CO know that MT is closed!!
Old 04-28-2020   #39

Golden, Colorado
In truth, it was from a distance, so they were probably actually zombies feeding on the last few remaining living folks in MT on those boat ramps. Sad. So sad.

(better,MT4?)
Old 04-28-2020   #40

lafayette or Grand Lake, Depends on mood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I'm really getting confused. I thought we were supposed to recreate 10 miles from our home or closer according to our intelligent and articulate governor Polis last proclamation. Did I misinterpret what he asked us to do?