Polis: No recreating beyond ten miles from your house - an order - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020   #11
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks View Post
It's guidance, not an order. If your local LE chooses to make an issue of it, that's their call.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/safer-at-home

If you read your own link and the actual text of the order and the FAQ at the bottom it is an order not guidance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2020   #12

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hopefully an unintended benefit of staying inside is that we'll starve mosquitos into extinction. Wouldn't that would make the frustration and economic ruin worth it all?
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Old 04-27-2020   #13

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
If everyone keeps this up for another 3-4 weeks there is a good chance things will mellow out and we will be able to get on with our lives again, in time to enjoy a nearly full river season no less.

I have the patience to wait one more month in exchange for not having everything release and we get a spike that sets us back 6 months. There are still alot of people out ignoring the stay close to home orders, and they are a bit more flippant about their risk management, a bad combination that puts smaller communities at significant risk.

Either Corvid is a hoax or social distancing, stay close to home orders, and other BMP's are working, I'm going with the latter. I have instructed my own family to stay the fuck at home (Denver), and they get it.

Yes I happen to live where people want to go recreate, but we all make our choices to live where we do, and thus accept what comes with those choices.

Just stay the fuck at home (wherever you are) for a couple more weeks and we will get through this. I pledge to do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2020   #14

Fort Collins, Colorado
Sources, please. Perhaps this irritates me because I'm an academic, but before starting a discussion make sure it is predicated on accurate information. If it is, one should properly cite their sources so as to create a constructive dialogue not based on speculation or vague interpretation. If it isn't, one should pursue further inquiry before making a blanket statement.

Can we just have one COVID thread, please?
Old 04-27-2020   #15

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by almortal View Post
Sources, please. Perhaps this irritates me because I'm an academic, but before starting a discussion make sure it is predicated on accurate information. If it is, one should properly cite their sources so as to create a constructive dialogue not based on speculation or vague interpretation. If it isn't, one should pursue further inquiry before making a blanket statement.

Can we just have one COVID thread, please?

Point taken. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2020   #16
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by almortal View Post
Sources, please.
Here is the order. Directive H https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w4x...W_LRb2glz/view

I don't care what you do I am not the pandemic police, the covid cops or the virus vigilante.
Old 04-27-2020   #17

Bailey, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
If you read your own link and the actual text of the order and the FAQ at the bottom it is an order not guidance.
I agree, it's a friggin' mess. The web site states "Right now, we are in Level 2: Safer at Home. Coloradans are no longer ordered to stay home, but are strongly advised to stay at home.", and the EO says something different. I say be smart, don't impact other communities, and have fun.
Old 04-27-2020   #18

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Maybe there would be a greater possibility of recreating when people stop admitting on public websites that they break the law, or publicly admitting to actively plan to break the law, or all out getting caught breaking the law, or instead, OMG, not breaking the law.

It's the same on all website forums. Rafting, Climbing, Hiking 14'ers, Fishing, Jeeping, 4-Wheeling, Hunting, etc, etc, etc ... It's not a rafting thing, it's an American thing.

It's our human nature to want to be free and at liberty to do what we want to do, whenever we want to do it, and just in case we might want to do it.

Then, there's this virus. Not down by any counts. It may have teeth. And if it does, we may be backing it into a corner that's full of an aging and generally weak population.
Old 04-27-2020   #19

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Ran Radium to State Bridge yesterday There were a multitude of folks on the river, fishing, camping and just running. Rancho had at least 8 boats pulled up as we drifted by in the rain.

Pollis can say what he wants, gonna run rivers regardless.

Planning to follow through on mid June Deso trip as well. Rangers in Price said they won't be stopping anyone with a permit.

Rivers are gonna come up this week with the early heat. Summit county snow looks really good for late April!
Old 04-27-2020   #20

Distiller and Salida's Mayor, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Look we love our friends that come to Salida and enjoy our river, heck that is how I ended up here 30 years ago. Please give us a minute, the Ark typically won't get going until June and the flow program will keep it going until August 15th. We have one shot at this, if COVID spikes again summer we will be shut down and the economic carnage will echo for years. Please just give us a bit of space.

Thanks,
P.T. Wood
Mayor, Salida CO.
Closed Thread