New Inflatable Guy Looking for Advice - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Old 28 Minutes Ago   #1

New Inflatable Guy Looking for Advice

Hey guys, long time whitewater kayaker just recently switched to an Aire Sabertooth to get the kids out on the water. However, I am thinking about buying a frame for the occasional solo runs and would like to know what you guys run as far as frames, length of oats, etc... I know a lot about yaking and whitewater but I'm finding out I'm pretty ignorant about inflatables. Thanks for any advice.

bengler is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11 Minutes Ago   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
Hey bengler,

I've had a sabertooth for a couple years now. First of all it's a great boat, I love it! I've driven a few of the other paddle cats and the aire is definitely my favorite. For a frame I use NRS parts and went with 54" width. The center line on the tubes is 48" so that would be the proper width but I feel like the wider frame rides just fine on the boat and it lets you use slightly longer oars and get a little more leverage. Right now I have 7.5' oars and they work ok but they are too short. I'm actively looking for 8' or 8.5' oars. I'll probably keep the 7'5's though for technical creeky type of runs. Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy the boat, it's super fun and versatile.
eddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Minutes Ago   #3

Thanks for the post Eddie.
bengler is online now   Reply With Quote