Mental Health of River Guides (Follow up) - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2019   #1

Boise, Idaho
Mental Health of River Guides (Follow up)

Hello Everyone!

Thank you to everyone who supported and gave feedback/suggestions to our post. We are currently working on a short film featuring the Idaho Redside Foundation on different guides stories, speaking out about the mental mishaps they have faced in their career and how they have/are getting over them.
We are in touch with a coordinator for the Idaho River Rendezvous event and hope to have this film played there to spread awareness.

If you have any further recommendations or feedback on the cause please feel free to comment. Anything is appreciated!

Thank you

Christian, Jake, and Asa One Stone High-school

ChristianR.OneStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019   #2

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1991
I am sorry to have missed the first thread, but was glad to see you reached out the The Whale Foundation. I believe mental health and suicide prevention is a HUGE issue, and probably the biggest one we as a society face right now. Personally I've had 5 suicides between friends, family, neighbors and just people I have found. I applaud your efforts and interest. I volunteer at a local Suicide Prevention association called We Care. I can put you in touch with them or you may have a similar organization in your area. Good Luck and let us know how the film comes out, hopefully we could use it for at a film presentation we are doing this Fall in Flagstaff.

Sincerely,

Jason Costello
Canyon Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote