ISO: Diamond Takeout Dec 30th - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Old 5 Days Ago   #1

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
ISO: Diamond Takeout Dec 30th

Looking for a group taking out at Diamond Creek on December 30th. Hoping to get myself and 1 kayak transported to peach springs if anyone is headed that way. Happy to pay my hualapai fees and tip for shuttle driver as needed.

Jcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Days Ago   #2

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1969
I've had better luck contacting the outfitters who offer shuttle services (PRO, Moenkopi, Ceiba and REO) to see if they have a takeout scheduled. Odds not with you if folks go to Pearce, and that happens often in the winter with longer trips and desire to "see it all" (also less Hualapai traffic, at least boats...).
B4otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #3

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4otter View Post
I've had better luck contacting the outfitters who offer shuttle services (PRO, Moenkopi, Ceiba and REO) to see if they have a takeout scheduled. Odds not with you if folks go to Pearce, and that happens often in the winter with longer trips and desire to "see it all" (also less Hualapai traffic, at least boats...).
Already went down that road and nobody has takeouts that day. I'm going to check back in with them in a couple weeks as well. Hopeful someone might come up with something.

I was curious about boat/heli traffic in winter. Is it substantially reduced from summer months? If that is the case, I won't mind going to Pearce as much...it's logistically much easier.
Jcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Days Ago   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Boat traffic through Hualapai tourist hell will almost certainly be lowered but my gut feeling is that the Helicopter traffic might be slightly reduced but still very present.

No easy answer really. I could set you up with a local Flagstaff area guy that likes to help river runners out for a modest fee...but not sure he'd be willing to go to Diamond just to bring you to Peach Springs. Kinda too bad the locals there aren't more receptive and open to help river runners in this situation.
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Hours Ago   #5

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
We took out on dec 28, 2013. It was one of the coldest months. Eggs were freezing in the pan while they were cooking! The helicopter traffic was nonstop starting at first light and going to dark. Was a rude welcome back to grind. If you can take out at diamond do it.
Bobthegreat is online now   Reply With Quote