Is Mountain Buzz Dead? - Page 8 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-27-2019   #71

frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
jingoistic. Cayo that's fantoistic keep it up.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019   #72

Jenks, Oklahoma
cayo 2, a "rant" is not a logical argument in my opinion.

This will be my last post on this thread. Reading your posts is a total waste of time.

If the management of this message board allows you to continue to post in the boating section when there is a recommended forum for politics, count me as another person taking my participation elsewhere. Where are the moderators?
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019   #73
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboater View Post
....Reading your posts is a total waste of time.

If the management of this message board allows you to continue to post in the boating section when there is a recommended forum for politics, count me as another person taking my participation elsewhere. Where are the moderators?
Simple solution, don't read it.

Cause there is SOOOOO much boating content in this thread
shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019   #74

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Lordy Lordy, I take off on a motorcycle trip for a week and look what happens!!

WOW...
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019   #75

Jenks, Oklahoma
good advice Shap! I am moving on
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019   #76

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Long live Chunder Boy!
CGR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019   #77

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1998
Steve Harvey lives with his wife in this gorgeous mansion.
kfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019   #78

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboater View Post
cayo 2, a "rant" is not a logical argument in my opinion.

This will be my last post on this thread. Reading your posts is a total waste of time.

I agree that Jay is ranting, and his politics belong in the Eddy, but I'm done wasting my time doing free work for the unappreciative owners of this forum.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019   #79

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertSherpa View Post
If Google serves me right, this place is owned by "Social Knowledge"
Assorted - Social Knowledge
No. Social Knowledge Network was Andy's company. He sold Mountain Buzz to "Vertical Scope" the end of 2016. Things have gone downhill from there. Here was Andy's sign-off to the moderators:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Buzz Krew,

As you know I havenít been around that much over the last couple of years. When I acquired the Buzz over a decade ago it was with a vision to try and foster discussions on more mountain sports (skiing, hiking, etc). I thought I would have a lot more time to invest in the site but unfortunately that never really panned out.

I have been spending most of my time trying to foster some very specific sites on the RV/Motorhome/Travel Trailer niche. This past summer I realized that I needed to focus my energy on the RV sites so I decided to sell a group of my sites (including Mountain Buzz) to VerticalScope. They are pretty much the same as Social Knowledge (my company) just bigger and more sophisticated.

I feel this is going to be a positive change for the community and our members. Itís my understanding that VerticalScope will run the community in a similar fashion as we have in years past, it should be business-as-usual. In the same way Janet helps me with the forums, a small team of support professionals from VerticalScope will take her place. Philip one of the team members will be posting an introduction and answer any questions you may have here in a bit.

From a forum members perspective this change should be seamless. Nothing is changing, the site will continue to run on the same vBulletin platform we have been on for years. VerticalScope invests heavily on servers so the site will mostly likely get faster. They also have an amazing mobile skin (which Social Knowledge had one as nice) so interacting from a mobile should improve.

The Buzz is a very special place and you all have been great stewards of the community. What Iím most proud of is our team, that we do step in when things go over the line, that we stood up to bullies and that the community today is more respectful vs the trollfest it used to be. To some members it might seem like less fun because they enjoy watching train wrecks. I, on the other hand, am honored to have worked with you all to resolve some tough situations with the best interest of the community and paddlers in mind.

I hope that you all will continue to serve the community in the same way for years to come.

Please welcome Philip and the VerticalScope team to our community!

Kind Regards,

Andy
Old 04-30-2019   #80

Buena Vista, Colorado
Here's some good stuff to remanence over, the old "Hall of Fame" thread:

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/...ame-34808.html