Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
and I hope someone writes the novel “Bout Lost My Life Yesterday”
Agreed,,, No entertainment like that of FaceBook
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #43

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
I sincerely hope MB is not dead. I don’t post often very few times but I read everything voraciously I guess like a lurker but no shame in that. I didn’t think I was lurking but I’m not PC compliant!! . I have the app but it doesn’t and hasn’t worked for a long time. I’m not a computer person at all and I don’t do FB not even signed up (personal protest) but the amount of river beta that I’ve gotten off MB is amazing. it’s my go to before leaving for a river trip in Idaho. I identify with rafters other than that I’m a loner and generally don’t do ‘chats’ or groups or subscribed emailed sorts of things. MB moderator told me a while back that I was on a post from last fall regarding the MF salmon and to start a new one but I’m not that great with this stuff and anyway wanted to reference the last post from Fall. So I was sorta impressed with the organization aspect they wanted me to follow and I got a lil lecture about it, but I guess it coulda been a bot ? Anyhow just my two and a half cents if anyone reading this. Please keep MB up and alive.
Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #44

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
What is/was PBB?
twmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #45

Denver, Colorado
If you don't tell Mark Zuckerman 'bout it, it didn't happen.

-d
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmartin View Post
What is/was PBB?
Pirate 4x4--was the shiz for everything off road, prior to the sale to VS. Went from crazy number of active members to dead in no time.
BGillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #47

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
The archive here is unrivaled in the boating community, but I agree this site has gone waaaay downhill in terms of running on long-outdated code, lackluster maintenance, and increasingly pointless ads. It looks more like MySpace than Facebook, but I digress.

Would LOVE to see for example Down River take it over, or at least spearhead an effort in getting it into the hands of an entity capable of providing the attention deserved. In terms of a suggestion of how to get there....what about starting a fundraiser to pull it away from a cyber squatters that currently are letting it toil in neglect? Doubt I would be alone in a willingness to donate a decent chunk of change to support this change.

As to me this site has potential to be more like AdventureRider (advrider.com), which went from just a basic forum to a bustling community for the adventure motorcycling crowd. Membership is always free, but there are affordable tiers that offer a few bonus features along with reasonable ad rates that keep it all going.
waterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #48

Bozeman, Montana
In the short time I've been here, I have noticed a drop in activity on this forum.
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #49

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2011
If Google serves me right, this place is owned by "Social Knowledge"
http://www.socialknowledge.com/assorted/
desertSherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #50

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
No.
It is seriously Fucked that the ownership does not seem to care, whatsoever, about the site.

But there still is useful information, some comrodery, even some amount of “ bull shit” for the people that really enjoy that “crap”.
I even got to go down the Grand Canyon last winter, because of this site ( THANK YOU!!) and met some new boaters on Browns this spring because of Mtn. buzz, to.

I would say, it’s not dead yet, much like a Monty Python line.

The owners should probably decide to give a shit, about there site, and take care of it, though, if they want to continue to have one........................