Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019   #12

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGillespie View Post
RIP PBB.

That MT4Runner guy was a dick. Good riddance! Long live MT4Runner!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #13

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Well I still enjoy Mountain Buzz, it's not perfect and I understand the other points, boaters have with it too. I personally have learned a lot from the excellent knowledge that is shared on here. One instance is my knowledge of leave-no-trace was definitely lacking, I explained the technique I thought was acceptable to do on the river and a poster explained to me, I was fucking the river up by doing it that way and explained the correct way. Much appreciated. The knowledge and skills of rafters posting here, to me is very enjoyable. Thanks to all, I will hang tight with MB.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019   #14

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Please, please, please, please no Facebook!
copperdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #15
Geologist | Photographer

Longmont, Colorado
Sorry, but Facebook rules with paddling discussions and sales.
Dejan Smaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #16

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif View Post
You can't sell shit here anymore. There's a couple dozen participants that haven't discovered Facebook yet. The archive answers almost any questions the community might have. We've all seen the ads. I think it's time to grow up or shut down!

Owners: do you want to sell it to someone who cares? Email me. Otherwise, quit half-assing something that used to be cool.

Yep....... you don't see any of the old school members anymore and all the posts are newbs. You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #17

Boise, Idaho
I've tried to contact the company that owns this site with intent to buy, but I've never heard back.
IDriverRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #18

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdale View Post
Please, please, please, please no Facebook!

AMEN to that..
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #19

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
it would be great to have a place WHITEWATER KAYAKERS go to find very up to date info on hazards, rapid changes, meet-ups when traveling through different areas, gears sales, access issues, trip reports, new and obscure runs, and general WHITEWATER KAYAKING info for our region without all the discussion of rafting coolers and bullshit like that. Does this type of thing exist on facebook or anywhere else? What are options for non-facebook, non-social media savvy folks? The Buzz used to be just that years ago. help....
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019   #20

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Facebook is completely lacking for searchable content. Every post is seen as equal with comments displayed as sub-tier. Posts are sorted chronologically (I think, but I know their algorithms do some monkey business) not by most recent comment as they are in a forum. You cannot filter by content such as river hazard, lost and found, general discussion, classifieds, etc as you can on a forum setting. It's a huge problem that the paddling FB groups are lacking.

But I suppose most people have FB as part of their daily routine so it's easy to move paddling discussions there.

As a long-time lurker, rear poster, I can commit myself to contributing more to discussions here. More involvement from the community would help keep this thing alive.
Ninja_Nico is offline   Reply With Quote