Government shutdown - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019   #21
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
I was able to just now enter the Salt lottery. and I also asked about the drawing here is what they said:

Quote:
Thanks for choosing Recreation.gov!

Fortunately, the lottery process should not be effected by the government shutdown since the permit dates would be for a few months from now. You should still be notified at the appropriate time if you were successful or unsuccessful in the lottery.

I hope this was helpful!

Best regards,

Shelby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2019   #22
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
I just read this whole thread just to find out what mania just said. Wish I could have my time back. Thanks mania,. And politics suck.
Old 01-06-2019   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
Not sure what you mean by Faux News non sequitors please elaborate? Is anything that disagrees with Democraps come from Fox News?
Are you unsure what a non-sequitur is, or unsure which non-sequiturs he's talking about? Your post had a few of them, but I'll just address one.

This is not about border security. Everyone except a minority of nutjobs realizes a wall is an expensive boondoggle that does little to increase our security. The border patrol wants some additional fencing in some areas, but mostly they want better technology and more staff. Funding for that increased under GWB, Obama, and there was increased funding offered this time as well, but that wasn't enough to appease Trump's base. Trump himself seems to swing in the wind according to what he perceives as popular opinion, so he's easily swayed by negative news coverage, hence the shutdown.

I'm also puzzled why you call it a political stunt that the democrats would capitalize on an unpopular position by Trump to score points. You expect politicians to behave morally? Gingrich took sleezy politics mainstream back in the 90s. The democrats haven't devolved quite as far as the republicans, but they're on the same downward spiral.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019   #24

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Trump's tantrum? Didn't the Dems promise border wall funding when he signed the CR in March/April? Tell me why the Dems are soooo against border security and in favor of sanctuary cities? Don't you think it would be wise to monitor who is coming in/out of our country? Didn't the Dems authorize a wall in 2006 along with the Repubs? Go listen to past comments by Schumer, Pelosi and Obama on border security all agreed until it became Trump's campaign promise. This is purely a political stunt by the Dems.

Well this thread went from informative to a downhill political slide rapidly.

In the hopes of putting it back on track.....

Mid May 2018 we had a ranger patrol pass us at Ledges, nice folk, passed right by after slowing and waving. Was funny, Commercial trips warned us of the patrol as they passed us on the river for 3 days prior to the drive by, stating they were searching boats for pot and targeting folks from Colorado.

Of course that didn't happen, but was funny to see some trips become very concerned.. Hmmm
Old 01-07-2019   #25

Jenks, Oklahoma
For what it is worth:
https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/...p?do=showrules

The first sentence few lines summarize the goals of this message board, the following pages seem to me to be lawyer boiler plate.
Old 01-07-2019   #26

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon s View Post
I'd say "Mr C" just got owned!! Well said!
Got owned? Not at all. Can anyone answer why the Dems were for a wall before Trump? Proof is as easy as looking up videos of Pelosi, Shchumer and Obama. Did any of you see the head of Border Patrol and the other two border patrol guys with Trump at the press conference. I put much more stock in someone on the border with 25 years experience.

I guess the rest of you idiots on this site prefer mid east terrorists and MS13 members and Chinese Fentynal poring in across our porous border. God you people are fucking stupid and partisan. Are you too dumb to realize the Left changed it's tune and now won't even negotiate the same thing they were ready to accept a year ago-wall for Daca? The Left obviously could give two shits about the Daca kids the said they were so vested in.
Old 01-07-2019   #27

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy View Post
Are you unsure what a non-sequitur is, or unsure which non-sequiturs he's talking about? Your post had a few of them, but I'll just address one.

This is not about border security. Everyone except a minority of nutjobs realizes a wall is an expensive boondoggle that does little to increase our security. The border patrol wants some additional fencing in some areas, but mostly they want better technology and more staff. Funding for that increased under GWB, Obama, and there was increased funding offered this time as well, but that wasn't enough to appease Trump's base. Trump himself seems to swing in the wind according to what he perceives as popular opinion, so he's easily swayed by negative news coverage, hence the shutdown.

I'm also puzzled why you call it a political stunt that the democrats would capitalize on an unpopular position by Trump to score points. You expect politicians to behave morally? Gingrich took sleezy politics mainstream back in the 90s. The democrats haven't devolved quite as far as the republicans, but they're on the same downward spiral.
Unless your are an idiot I think most understand a wall to be fence/wall/cement or combination thereof in highly trafficked areas with other sensors/law enforcement to supplement. Are you people really dumb enough to not listen to the Border Patrol themselves?
Old 01-07-2019   #28

New Castle, Colorado
Quote:
Unless your are an idiot I think most understand a wall to be fence/wall/cement or combination thereof in highly trafficked areas with other sensors/law enforcement to supplement. Are you people really dumb enough to not listen to the Border Patrol themselves?

Certainly the best way to convince people to change their minds is insults and blaming others.
Old 01-07-2019   #29

Manitou Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Stay in the flock bro. It's "pour" btw.
Old 01-07-2019   #30

C. Springs, Colorado
I started this thread to see if there was a dirty eddie that reformed. It doesn't look like an OP can lock a thread, so anytime you mods want to close it................
Closed Thread