Old 03-31-2017   #1

., .
Gear Swap - Salt Lake City - April 9

River & Outdoor Gear Swap

Sunday April 9th
9am 12pm

2258 E Fort Union Blvd Ste B6
Cottonwood Heights, Utah

The Gear Room is generously offering the local river community free use of their parking lot for the locals to have an open flea market to sell or barter their river and outdoor equipment. You must sell your own equipment in the parking lot. This is setup like the Black Diamond parking lot sale, so arrive a little early and find a parking stall if you have gear to sell.

Please forward this swap info to your own river & outdoor friends, and outfitters needing to unload their retired equipment.

Note: This is a FREE swap and The Gear Room is not charging a fee for use of their parking lot. However, Ill personally find something to purchase from them and continue to support the store in the future for the generosity.

riverdoghenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2017   #2

., .
I'll dig through the storage and see if anything is ready to pass along. Will probably bring some oars and Watershed bags to sell.

Cheers!
Old 04-04-2017   #3

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I wish this was on Saturday, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Sunday is a no go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2017   #4

., .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
I wish this was on Saturday, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Sunday is a no go.
It was not possible on Saturday, because other businesses are also using the parking lot, except for Sundays.
Old 04-04-2017   #5

Sandy, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdoghenry View Post
It was not possible on Saturday, because other businesses are also using the parking lot, except for Sundays.
Got it. Most years the weather has sucked for the UWG swap, but people came anyways. Last year the weather was good, but attendance was low. I hope they do the swap again this year. It definitely benefits them, since people wander through their shop and buy stuff. Plus folks get to meet Anthony & Clinton and shoot the breeze about rivers.
Old 04-05-2017   #6

., .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Got it. Most years the weather has sucked for the UWG swap, but people came anyways. Last year the weather was good, but attendance was low. I hope they do the swap again this year. It definitely benefits them, since people wander through their shop and buy stuff. Plus folks get to meet Anthony & Clinton and shoot the breeze about rivers.
When they first opened for the season last year, I asked Clinton when they were going to have the swap, and he said they probably were not going to have it anymore. Sounds like they changed their minds last minute with the nice weather. This is why I was under the impression they has discontinued the swap and wasn't even aware they actually had it.
Old 04-05-2017   #7

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
UWG's swap is on April 22nd this year.
altaholics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017   #8

., .
Despite the fresh snow, the swap is still being held today. Come and buy/sell/trade equipment.

Old 04-09-2017   #9

Sandy, Utah
I spent all morning with a chain saw, cleaning up a big mess in my backyard. Huge limb came off a tree and took out part of my fence. Luckily it missed my roof. Heavy snow + older tree than already had leaves coming on it = large headache. Lots of trees down in my neighborhood. I hope you have a decent turnout.