Cast Call For River Runners - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-20-2014   #1

Flagstaff, Arizona
Cast Call For River Runners

Hi All, just had a chat with Molly. There are a broad number of paddlers who may be interested in this. FYI, yours, tom

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Major NYC Production Company Now Casting People Who Call the Water Home!

Hello Tom!
My name is Molly Tom [email protected] and I'm a Casting Associate with Leftfield Entertainment, a New York City-based television production company that creates a number of programs for various cable networks such as The History Channel, Discovery, A&E and National Geographic - including the international smash hit, "Pawn Stars." I came across your website while researching the Colorado River and thought that you may be able to help us out with a new project we're working on! It seems like you may be able to point us in the right direction or it could be a perfect fit for some of the members of your esteemed organization.

We’re currently on a nationwide search for people who call the water, "home." We're looking for folks with great, adventurous personalities who spend most or all of their time making a life for themselves on the water. Whether its going on week long adventure trips or cruising in a houseboat, if you live your life on and around the water and believe there's no better life – we want to hear from YOU! Likewise, if you know someone else who might be right for this, please let us know! Any help in spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.

I've included our casting notice below, but if you have any questions or would like more information, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] or call 212-564-2607 ext. 2630 to speak with a casting producer.
Thanks in advance and we look forward to hearing from you!
Best,
Molly
From the Producers who brought you “Pawn Stars,” “American Restoration,” and “Oddities”…
NOW CASTING PEOPLE WHO CALL THE WATER "HOME!"
Have you traded in a life on land for a life on the water?
Do you love the challenge of making your way across the country via shanty boat?
Are you a true survivalist who thrives on the water?
Are you a loner or part of a drifting community?
Whether you live on the water full or part time, if you're happiest when you're living off the water, we want to hear from YOU!
For more information and to speak with a Casting Producer, please email [email protected] with your name, location, a photo and a brief description of yourself and your life on the water. We look forward to hearing from you!

Tom Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014   #2

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Out of curiosity, what is the best line for a houseboat or "shanty boat" in Crystal and Lava?
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #3

Redmond, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1973
Leftfield Pictures

left field pictures does Pawn Stars.

Plus a lot of other reality TV.

=======

They're looking not for your well designed boat to show off but one intelligent guy surrounded by morons where stuff gets broken because of the morons. In this case that would be on a river.
BilloutWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014   #4

Redmond, Oregon
Maybe they could develop some conflict between contractors and free boaters.

Also, I hear they're looking for people to play government agents to barricade river access.
Old 02-20-2014   #5

flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the best line for a houseboat or "shanty boat" in Crystal and Lava?
Left at Crystal Right at Lava ...
sleighr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #6

Las Vegas, Nevada
Paddling Since: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleighr View Post
Left at Crystal Right at Lava ...
I always run my houseboat down the center of Crystal and over the ledge hole in Lava. Both sweet lines!
GCHiker4887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #7

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
I hope, with my sarcasm, that I haven't blown my chance to star, or at the very least, co-star in this production...
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #8

Las Vegas, Nevada
Paddling Since: 2013
Quote:
I hope, with my sarcasm, that I haven't blown my chance to star, or at the very least, co-star in this production...
I am already planning for the spinoff: I am going to run my Houseboat (aka Shanty Town Hall) down the Grand WHILE making Moonshine and dredging for gold. Now that's reality TV Genius! Just to make sure everyone is clear though, no motors on my rig. All solar and oar powered. Except for the blender. That puppy is four-stroke and 100 hp!

Sign me up!
GCHiker4887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014   #9

Redmond, Oregon
Quote:
The opening has already been set with the inflating of a Saturn.
That part was cast long ago.
Old 02-20-2014   #10

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
I heard it was going to be narrated by Dave Scadden
TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote