Aire - BAKraft - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1993
Aire - BAKraft

Im interested in some first hand info on the PAKraft. Im planning a 2 week fly in float out trip up north.
* How does it trac in flat water?
* What length of paddle are you using?
* From the price I'm assuming its pretty durable in a bush whack - what's you opinion?
* i'm expecting to inflate and deflate several times to get across a couple drainages. How does it pack up?

Thanks!

MonsterSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
Just to confirm, are you looking at the smaller Bakraft Hybrid, or the longer Bakraft Expedition?

I have the longer one, it tracks fairly poorly on flat water, I assume the smaller Bakraft Hybrid would be even worse on flat water.

I have found the older green fabric to be very durable. I have no experience with the newer blue fabric.

For the longer expedition Bakraft, I use a 220 cm paddle, a bit longer might be even better as you sit pretty low and the tubes are fairly large in diameter.

The expedition packs up fairly small, but if you are only looking for a boat just to "get across a couple drainages" there are a lot more options that are lighter and pack up smaller in the Alpacka lineup (of which I have no experience with).

Or in other words, if you plan to be mostly in the boat, the Bakraft is a good choice, if you just need a pakraft to get across some stuff and you will be mostly hiking, get a lighter more compact option.
shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire