4 rivers cancellation delay - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-15-2019   #1

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2005
4 rivers cancellation delay

FYI,

Starting March 16 at 8 am Mountain time, any unconfirmed or declined lottery dates for the Selway River can be reserved at www.recreation.gov.
However, further availability of declined lottery launch dates for the Salmon, Middle Fork of the Salmon, and Hells Canyon-Snake rivers has been delayed. Any unconfirmed or declined lottery dates will be released on March 23 at 8 am Mountain Time.

We realize that this delay is undoubtedly frustrating and ask for your patience and understanding while we work to provide unconfirmed and declined dates on March 23rd.
Lottery applications, reservations, cancellations and recreation fee payments for permits to float these Four Rivers are processed at www.Recreation.gov. For Reservations or Customer Service, the phone number is 1-877-444-6777.
Boaters should try to anticipate high and low water levels before submitting an application or reserving a launch date.

Grifgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Such glory
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019   #3

Eagle, Idaho
Damn! I will not be at a fast computer that morning.
jpurkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019   #4

East Wenatchee, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
It would be helpful if rec.gov would add a date to their "ALERT notice" at the top of the lottery page to reflect recent changes. I bet many will be looking at their favorite river lottery at 8am MT tomorrow the 16th.

Anything goes with rec.gov since their last "roll out" started at midnight rather than the 8am MT that was stated. The Fed's indicated to me that they (rec.gov) "messed up".
Old 03-15-2019   #5

Alberta, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefstilh20 View Post
It would be helpful if rec.gov would add a date to their "ALERT notice" at the top of the lottery page to reflect recent changes. I bet many will be looking at their favorite river lottery at 8am MT tomorrow the 16th.

Anything goes with rec.gov since their last "roll out" started at midnight rather than the 8am MT that was stated. The Fed's indicated to me that they (rec.gov) "messed up".
Pretty sure they couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery........
Raft Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Didn't even freaking see this until I got up and ready this morning. Uhhggg.... We'll see what happens on the 23rd. Fingers crossed!
markfortcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019   #7

Bailey, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfortcollins View Post
Didn't even freaking see this until I got up and ready this morning. Uhhggg.... We'll see what happens on the 23rd. Fingers crossed!
Ditto
Beaver Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019   #8

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Actually, there is still a notification up on the Selway webpage saying that Selway cancellations would be released this morning (3/16) at 8 am Mountain Time. I kept refreshing the page before 8 and for the next 40 minutes afterwards and I never saw any permits pop up. That doesn't mean that nothing was released, only that I didn't see anything post as "available." (Every time I refreshed, it would switch between showing the control season as all "L" or all unavailable. So who knows what happened... if anything.

About the only thing you can be certain of this year is that if rec.gov says something is going to happen at a particular time, it won't.
landslide is offline   Reply With Quote