2019 Dolores River Thread - Page 12 - Mountain Buzz
 

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-15-2019   #111
 
Ridgway, Colorado
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 245
Planning sucks.
SYOTR neighbor

rtsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-16-2019   #112
 
lakewood, Colorado
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Awesome Pics! I'm looking forward to seeing this canyon so much. And I plan on bringing a little TLC to the camps for future enjoyment.

What is the low end flow level that is comfortable for rafts with oars from Slick Rock to Bedrock?
blucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019   #113
 
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
blucat, what size boat are you running?
bdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2019   #114
 
lakewood, Colorado
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
14' hyside
blucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019   #115
 
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 128
Starting in Uravan on the San Miguel as it peaks is a good option for people stressed about what the Dolores flows will be upriver from the San Miguel confluence. The ~6 miles on the San Miguel are pretty fun as a bonus.

There is a little campground (can't miss it pretty much the only thing in Uravan), which does not have a ramp but it is extremely easy to just push off from the grass.
cschmidt1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019   #116
 
Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 505
Still raining and snowing.
markhusbands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019   #117
 
ColoradoDave's Avatar
 
Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 302
McFee release only ~50 cfs today, not 400. So, seems like a waiting game for this funky weather to pass. Maybe things will happen a day or 3 later than it seemed before.



The gauge to watch is here : Detail Graph, and, of course, the thermometers upstream.




DOLORES RIVER BELOW MCPHEE RESERVOIR (DOLBMCCO)
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019   #118
 
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
McFee release only ~50 cfs today, not 400. So, seems like a waiting game for this funky weather to pass. Maybe things will happen a day or 3 later than it seemed before.



The gauge to watch is here : Detail Graph, and, of course, the thermometers upstream.




DOLORES RIVER BELOW MCPHEE RESERVOIR (DOLBMCCO)
How do you figure? It looks like it's at 400 cfs and rising.
bdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019   #119
 
GeoRon's Avatar
 
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,213
Sure looks like 400cfs on the gauge to me.

This is the official update:

Today’s update is largely unchanged from lats week’s. McPhee continues to release temperature suppression flows of about 100 CFS downstream on top of the current fishery releases, bringing the total releases to approximately 140 CFS. These flows will run until the beginning of the managed release or “spill”, which will start after noon tomorrow, Tuesday May 21st. Releases will increase at a rate of about 400 CFS per day in order to achieve releases of 1,200 CFS by the morning of Friday May 24th. This rate will be maintained through Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day weekend. On the morning of Tuesday May 28th, flows will ramp down to 800 CFS and will remain there at least through noon on Thursday May 30th.
GeoRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019   #120
 
Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
 
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaly View Post
How do you figure? It looks like it's at 400 cfs and rising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoRon View Post
Sure looks like 400cfs on the gauge to me.

This is the official update:

Today’s update is largely unchanged from lats week’s. McPhee continues to release temperature suppression flows of about 100 CFS downstream on top of the current fishery releases, bringing the total releases to approximately 140 CFS. These flows will run until the beginning of the managed release or “spill”, which will start after noon tomorrow, Tuesday May 21st. Releases will increase at a rate of about 400 CFS per day in order to achieve releases of 1,200 CFS by the morning of Friday May 24th. This rate will be maintained through Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day weekend. On the morning of Tuesday May 28th, flows will ramp down to 800 CFS and will remain there at least through noon on Thursday May 30th.
As posted in their release statement, it said it was supposed to go up about 400cfs a day starting yesterday. By the end of the day yesterday it had only gone up ~200cfs. It started at 140cfs yesterday and ended up at 350cfs or so. So...its definitely behind what they said right now. It should be 500cfs and rising...about.

Who knows if that trend towards being slightly behind will continue or if they will still hit 1200cfs by Friday.
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experienced boater(s) looking for 2019 Grand trip walkabout Rafting | Trip Planner 3 10-31-2018 12:38 AM
Husband/wife looking for Fall 2019 GC trip wdb3960 Rafting | Trip Planner 5 07-11-2018 07:04 PM
Musicians looking looking for 2019 GC trip wdb3960 Rafting | Trip Planner 0 05-24-2018 10:24 AM
Grand Canyon 2019 - 42 Launch Dates Available Now! GCPBA Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics 13 04-16-2018 10:31 AM
Dolores, Dolores, Dolores Randaddy Whitewater Kayaking 2 05-12-2008 05:18 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.