2019 Dolores River Thread - Page 12 - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #111

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtsideup View Post
Gonna be close. I'd predict yer on the ramp, looking upstream for the swell like a surfer. Good plan as every other buzzard here is on your heels searching for unrecognizable camps. Shit fight in a beautiful place, hope everyone plays nice.
Me, I'll be on the Juan, hitting up my local D in the following weeks when the shit fight has subsided.

And avoid a lot of that annoying planning stuff. Ug.

ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #112

Ridgway, Colorado
Planning sucks.
SYOTR neighbor
rtsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #113

lakewood, Colorado
Awesome Pics! I'm looking forward to seeing this canyon so much. And I plan on bringing a little TLC to the camps for future enjoyment.

What is the low end flow level that is comfortable for rafts with oars from Slick Rock to Bedrock?
blucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #114

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
blucat, what size boat are you running?
bdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #115

lakewood, Colorado
14' hyside
blucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #116

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Starting in Uravan on the San Miguel as it peaks is a good option for people stressed about what the Dolores flows will be upriver from the San Miguel confluence. The ~6 miles on the San Miguel are pretty fun as a bonus.

There is a little campground (can't miss it pretty much the only thing in Uravan), which does not have a ramp but it is extremely easy to just push off from the grass.
cschmidt1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #117

Denver, Colorado
Still raining and snowing.
markhusbands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #118

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
McFee release only ~50 cfs today, not 400. So, seems like a waiting game for this funky weather to pass. Maybe things will happen a day or 3 later than it seemed before.

The gauge to watch is here : Detail Graph, and, of course, the thermometers upstream.

DOLORES RIVER BELOW MCPHEE RESERVOIR (DOLBMCCO)
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #119

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
McFee release only ~50 cfs today, not 400. So, seems like a waiting game for this funky weather to pass. Maybe things will happen a day or 3 later than it seemed before.

The gauge to watch is here : Detail Graph, and, of course, the thermometers upstream.

DOLORES RIVER BELOW MCPHEE RESERVOIR (DOLBMCCO)
How do you figure? It looks like it's at 400 cfs and rising.
bdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #120

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Sure looks like 400cfs on the gauge to me.

This is the official update:

Today’s update is largely unchanged from lats week’s. McPhee continues to release temperature suppression flows of about 100 CFS downstream on top of the current fishery releases, bringing the total releases to approximately 140 CFS. These flows will run until the beginning of the managed release or “spill”, which will start after noon tomorrow, Tuesday May 21st. Releases will increase at a rate of about 400 CFS per day in order to achieve releases of 1,200 CFS by the morning of Friday May 24th. This rate will be maintained through Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day weekend. On the morning of Tuesday May 28th, flows will ramp down to 800 CFS and will remain there at least through noon on Thursday May 30th.
GeoRon is offline   Reply With Quote