Smaller Version Of The Pop-Up Pit?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Smaller Version Of The Pop-Up Pit??

Hey Everyone,

Really excited to finally get to announce this, I've had to keep it on the down low for a long time even talking with a lot of you and its been killing me.

We're going to be launching a 12" version of the Pop-Up Pit coined the "Trailblazer" on March 1st 2020.

Packed down it is about the size of a Thermos but opens to a 12"x12" burn area. This kit will include a grill and heat shield all for $99MSRP. The sides still meet the 3" fire pan regulations

You can burn charcoal or wood inside the pit. Its a good enough size to comfortably keep 4 people warm and you get about 120sq inches of cooking out of it. This equates to about 4-6 burgers depending on their size.

We will be launching this on Kickstarter March 1st for a special pre-order price of $69 for delivery in the middle of April.

You can learn more and and sign up for email updates here

If you guys have any questions I'll be on MB all day today.

Really excited to hear the feedback

Cheers,
Triston

CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
wow that should be perfect for kayak self support!
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Sweet... that will be totally useful and meets the requirements for the Grand Canyons smaller "charcoal only" 12x12x3 firepit. I've been on a bunch of trips where it was only a few people and a small firepit would do fine. It'll make a sweet Dutch Oven support station too.

While we are talking about new products... I think it would be cool to make a double size mesh kit that allows you to combine two of the full size popup pits next to each other too. Get rid of the sides and have a mesh bottom that extends as one solid piece between both pits. Lots of options for that kind of setup... charcoal on one side and fire on the other, one big fire, one big cooking setup for huge groups, etc.
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I still have a big steel firepan in good condition, but seems I need to get one of these. The nachos someone posted a year ago looked awesome.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

Colorado, Colorado
Do you know what the weight will be?
AzPackrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

Jenks, Oklahoma
might be perfect for that one Dutch Oven on a light weight float trip!
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Dangit I thought I was done spending money on fire pits for the next 20 years after buying my pop up pit.

Tristan do you have any pics of this nenwy cutie pie?
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPackrafter View Post
Do you know what the weight will be?

The Trailblazer is 3lbs in its bag with everything included!

There's a bunch more pics and stats you can take a look at here: https://firesideoutdoor.com/pages/tr...er-kickstarter
CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2018
Gotta say, I love Electric-Mayhem's idea of the double-wide mesh. An early trip last year with about 18 ppl we ended up putting a popup pit and a standard pan about a foot away so everyone could get in on the circle and the warmth.
zaczac4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaczac4fun View Post
Gotta say, I love Electric-Mayhem's idea of the double-wide mesh. An early trip last year with about 18 ppl we ended up putting a popup pit and a standard pan about a foot away so everyone could get in on the circle and the warmth.
SO...I was thinking about it after I posted...and it would be really sweet with two sets of legs...and space them another full width of the legs apart and then use one aluminum side from each of the pits to bridge the gap making the double sized pit more like a triple pit. Maybe bring a couple of extra pieces of flat aluminum to support the screen in the middle...think that would be overkill though.

Maybe clear as mud...so I attached a VERY crude sketch of what I'm talking about (never claimed to be a master artist).

The little pit looks cool for sure...I think I'm gonna have to grab one for those solo lightweight trips and such. Looks literally like a tinier version of the big one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Extended Popup Pit.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	42039  
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote