Mountain Buzz banner

Pre-Owned Pop-Up Pits For Sale

26K views 106 replies 49 participants last post by  MNichols 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

With Amazon's no matter what return policy we've recently been handed back quite a few lightly used Pop-Up Pits. Instead of scrapping these we figured some of you might be interested in picking up a refurbished product at a discounted price.

These range anywhere from pits with a couple of burns on them to a few show room displays that are basically brand new. These have all been inspected by us to make sure that everything is good to go.

If you don't care too much about getting a brand new pit and wanted to pick one up at a discounted price shoot us a DM and we can get you hooked up.

I'll be editing to post pictures of some of the pits to give everyone a better idea.

#2 ·
Pm sent!
I was a skeptic when they first came out, but man, after we had one on a trip this summer, I really liked it. Especially after picking the thing up. Tired of hauling that heavy ass pig around, that I use now.
And it burned everything down to minimal ash.

#7 ·
Ordered last week, received this week. Got the grill attachment too. Must have been a floor model, because it looks brand new. They could've easily sold this as new and no one would've been the wiser - that in itself says a lot about these guys. Happy to support them and am glad their ingenious product is getting attention. We'll be trying it out this week.

#10 ·
Just ordered one. They responded immediately and made it easy. I have been on three trips that used them this year. No problems at any check-ins. So glad there is a reasonable alternative to those big and heavy fire pans. I met the "inventor" at WetDreams in Flagstaff when he was dropping off product. Nice guy. Glad to support his business.

#11 ·
I got one as well. Looked brand new, still in packaging, etc. Quick processing, great price.

I have used it four times already in two weeks, and can say it's a bit of a game changer. The biggest pro, of course, is the weight and size--mine is less than half the weight of my old faithful steel firepan and can easily fit on my packraft for non-hiking required packraft trips. I also like the stable base and lower height. Cons are that the heat shield is kinda janky (nothing that your fire blanket can't compensate for), the multiple pieces, and the fact that its just overall harder to isolate the soot and grime that in its on my steel firepan where that stuff is all contained inside the pan and lid.

Anyway, highly recommended so far. Can't wait to see how it holds up over years of abuse.

#12 ·
Wasn't in the market for a fire pan, but plenty of buzzards are fans of the Pop Up Pit and these guys seem to be good members of the community, so I decided I'd grab one. I just unwrapped it and set it up and all I can say is - I wonder what the "new unused" ones look like. They must be gold plated or something. Mine truly looks unused and I'm really impressed with how quickly and easily it goes together, and it seems pretty bomber. $102 for the pan, heat shield and tri-fold grill to my door. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Looking forward to getting it hot. Thanks Fireside and Triston!

#16 ·
I got mine too, $102.00, Firepan and Grill. I can't see where anyone ever used it, it came packaged like it was completely brand new. The only thing that concerns me is the grill, when in place on the pit, seems awfully close to the fire. An idea for the manufacturer would be to drill the posts it sits on to allow pins to be put in and raise the grill from the heat a little. Past that, I can't wait to light a fire in it. I row a Dory, and a conventional firepan is not only too big, but too heavy to carry. This seems the ideal compromise.

#17 ·
Mine was just delivered 2 days ago and looks brand new. If anyone is on the fence I'd definitely recommend getting one if you still can. I haven't used mine yet but very excited to try it out. The buying process was super easy and everyone in the company seems super nice and helpful. Thanks to Tristan and crew for taking care of us!

#19 ·
Mine came today was brand new, un-used as well. Who buys things like this and just returns them with out even assembling? Sucks to be a seller. Had to watch the videos to make sure I had it right. Its a little bigger then the retarded old fire pan,( when you include a grate) but lighter and will be easier to pack. On top of that its bigger and is elevated which should be more enjoyable. I guess the only concern is the random wood you use most of the time. Wont be any burning a log across the top in half for instance. Going to be awhile before I use it, but definitely a more practical, classy set up.

#21 ·
You would be absolutely flabbergasted at how many of these we get back that are still in the sealed shipping box. Means they ordered from Amazon got the box to their door, DIDN'T EVEN OPEN IT and filed for a return.

Glad to hear everyone is happy with the program! Got some big things coming in the future here so if you haven't already subscribed to the newsletter on our website I recommend doing that.

I promise we don't send frivolous emails.

Cheers,
Triston
Fireside Team

#27 ·
Pit regs on MS

I got a return call from Lisa Byer (sp?) the ranger for the main Salmon after leaving a VM prior to my trip last week. I carried a solo stove (which is & was awesome), and asked her take on it. She clicked it up on the intertube and couldn't say one way/another.

She did refer me to the pop-up pit, claiming it's what she and her crew have been using, which seems testimony enough in terms of approval for her jurisdiction.

#28 ·
Just another stoked customer. "Pre-owned" pit was as new when it arrived. It's had around 10 fires in it at this point, some bigger than recommended, works flawlessly. As others have said; friends at first shook their heads in disbelief and then started going for their wallets. I'll probably buy another mesh or two, not because, I don't trust it (it seems bomber so far) but, it does seem like the potential weak link.
If you're using a fire blanket, don't bother with the heat shield.

#33 ·
Love the one we got after seeing a post about them on Utah Rafters facecrook page. No complaints!

QUESTION: Is it possible to get one or two of the screens? One of our friends put the stove together wrong and burned through the screen. Thanks! Great product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.