Pre-Owned Pop-Up Pits For Sale - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-23-2019   #31
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly By Night View Post
I finally toked mine up the other night, these things are awesome!

I noticed some of the foil lining stuff peeling up from my heat shield, I suspect from getting wet when boating, has anyone else had an issue with that?
Hey Fly By,

If your heat shield is delaminating it could be an indication that you have it attached too close to the Fire Mesh. Direct Message us some pictures so we can take a look and I can get you a replacement sent out free of charge.

Cheers,
Triston
Fireside Team

CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019   #32
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpnick View Post
I haven't used my heat shield much but my friend has and it's basically falling apart after this season. The whole heat shield design is pretty bad, in my opinion, especially the velcro sticky attachment points. Fortunately it is rarely needed on the river. The rest of the pan has been amazing.
Hey bcpnick,

Have your friend reach out to us and we can get that heat shield replaced. We agree the solution isn't fantastic but we promise we are working on improving that system!

Cheers,
Triston
Fireside Team
Old 11-01-2019   #33
NikonFotoMatt

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Love the one we got after seeing a post about them on Utah Rafters facecrook page. No complaints!

QUESTION: Is it possible to get one or two of the screens? One of our friends put the stove together wrong and burned through the screen. Thanks! Great product.

"fotomatt"
NikonFotoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2019   #34

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1993
Received mine-couldn’t be more pleased with quality, delivery, design, etc. Indistinguishable from new, mine is!

Some of the edges will need to be rounded off, but that’s what you get with extruded aluminum construction...
Flatlandr360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019   #35

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonFotoMatt View Post
Love the one we got after seeing a post about them on Utah Rafters facecrook page. No complaints!

QUESTION: Is it possible to get one or two of the screens? One of our friends put the stove together wrong and burned through the screen. Thanks! Great product.
They sell extra screens on their website for $25. Same price on Amazon too and its Prime eligible... Amazon Pop Up Pit Replacement Screen link
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019   #36

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampfireDefender View Post
Hey Fly By,

If your heat shield is delaminating it could be an indication that you have it attached too close to the Fire Mesh. Direct Message us some pictures so we can take a look and I can get you a replacement sent out free of charge.

Cheers,
Triston
Fireside Team
Thanks Triston,

This isn't a proximity issue, I think this started before I ever used the pit, I think moisture and rubbing in the bag are the culprits. I have a few small blemishes, they arent an issue at this point, I think it probably makes sense to wait till they escalate, hopefully you will have version 2.0 available at that point. Do you have any updates on the oven attachment?

-Fly
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019   #37
NikonFotoMatt

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric-Mayhem View Post
They sell extra screens on their website for $25. Same price on Amazon too and its Prime eligible... Amazon Pop Up Pit Replacement Screen link

Thank you! Now to get him to pay for it!

"fotomatt"
NikonFotoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019   #38
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly By Night View Post
Thanks Triston,

This isn't a proximity issue, I think this started before I ever used the pit, I think moisture and rubbing in the bag are the culprits. I have a few small blemishes, they arent an issue at this point, I think it probably makes sense to wait till they escalate, hopefully you will have version 2.0 available at that point. Do you have any updates on the oven attachment?

-Fly
Hey Fly,

No updates on the oven box as of yet. We have a whole lot on our plate right now with the the Holiday season much busier than we expected it to be at this point in time. We're trying to work the oven attachment so that it works with the same framing as the upcoming ember screen. This should save everyone some money in the long run.

Believe me when I say the MB community will be the first to know the second anything new is available, you guys have been awesome.

Cheers,
Triston
Old 11-05-2019   #39
..is doing the damn thing

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Thanks for the smoking deal. Whatever “use” mine received looks to be light dusting with a cashmere sweater. Broke it in yesterday in the back yard with the kid. She loved it.
ACheateaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019   #40

Sisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Interested. Price range on used stock?
JedCrank is offline   Reply With Quote