Portable 8lb Fire Pit/Pan - Page 9 - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-25-2019   #81

Northwest, Montana
The snow is knee deep in the yard, but setting this up in the house has me excited for some river side fires! This is a well designed, and built, product.

Does the mesh stretch after some use? Getting it on is pretty tight.

I'm really excited about this grill. STEAK NIGHT!!!

Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019   #82

Austin, Texas
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
The snow is knee deep in the yard, but setting this up in the house has me excited for some river side fires! This is a well designed, and built, product.

According to their promo video it is purposely tight out of the box. Over time it loosens.....
kayakingphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #83
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:

The Mesh will stretch, especially after the first fire in it. When you put the mesh on it is easier to leave the grommets at the tops of the poles until you have all four holes over the poles so everything goes down together if that makes sense.

If you have any questions I recommend taking a couple of minutes just to review this video: https://youtu.be/IRTny39TK1Y?t=132

I skipped ahead for you to the part about the fire mesh

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

Cheers,
Fireside Outdoor Team
CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2019   #84
Sponsoring Vendors

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Just like Triston with Fireside said, put the all corners of the mesh down evenly. If one side gets into place before the other sides, it will be much more difficult. If all 4 sides get pushed down evenly, it is much easier. The same goes when removing it as well.

www.DOWNRIVEREQUIP.com
Toll Free: 1-888-467-2144
Down River Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019   #85
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Hey All,

We made up our own regulation ember mat if you still don't have one for the season.

It has coated silicon on both sides so it shouldn't absorb much water/is easier to clean and has the reflective taping around the outside to help you see at night. The reflective taping also produces a bad-ass lighting effect when a fire is burning

These are NOT available to the general public right now because we don't have enough inventory in stock, so the only way you can buy them is through this link:

https://firesideoutdoor.com/products/ground-ember-mat

CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019   #86

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1992
I just received one of these pop up pits as a birthday present from a rafting buddy. It is a really cool piece of gear, and can't wait to actually put it to use once all of this snow melts!
Old 03-07-2019   #87

Austin, Texas
Good timing I needed one for my upcoming Salt trip. On order!
Old 03-07-2019   #88

Northwest, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampfireDefender View Post
Hey All,

We made up our own regulation ember mat if you still don't have one for the season.

It has coated silicon on both sides so it shouldn't absorb much water/is easier to clean and has the reflective taping around the outside to help you see at night. The reflective taping also produces a bad-ass lighting effect when a fire is burning

These are NOT available to the general public right now because we don't have enough inventory in stock, so the only way you can buy them is through this link:

https://firesideoutdoor.com/products/ground-ember-mat

What kind of burn/ scorch resistance do these have?
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019   #89

, Washington
Ordered one a couple weeks ago, came in last week. It looks like a good product, light, easy to set up/take down. I like that the bag is big enough to get it all packed in easily. I DON'T LIKE the sharp corners. Just setting it up and taking it down and putting it in the bag a couple times, I can already tell the bag won't last half a season with those corners. Corners also pose a serious hazard in camp. Not a huge deal, nothing that a rasp and 20 minutes didn't fix. Maybe later iterations will feature rounded corners. Also, as others have said, I'm wondering how long this thing will last. Super cool that you can order pieces as they break down instead of buying a whole new setup. Even if longevity is only half the life of a Cambridge or the like, you're still getting a better bang for your buck over time.
WaZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019   #90

Austin, Texas
Quote:
What kind of burn/ scorch resistance do these have?
This is the answer I got from the manufacturer:

Thanks for your order. We started with a 50% silica, non flammable fiberglass sub straight. We then coated it with high temperature 100% pure silicone. Similar silicone to oven mitts and pot holders. We dual coated it so it won’t absorb moisture. The reflective edging is a non-toxic reflective material used in firefighter apparel.

The grommets are standard steel and the thread we used is kelvar.

Product will be tested on the salt in three weeks......