Portable 8lb Fire Pit/Pan - Page 10 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-14-2019   #91

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
Ordered and got it last week and used it to grill some burgers last weekend.
Needed to use a fair amount of charcoal, because the grill-grates are farther from heat than I'm used to, but otherwise a kick ass product. Easy set-up/breakdown and super light. Like others have said coals burn faster with screen and airflow. I can't wait to use in the desert next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1793.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	33459   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1792.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	33461  

wack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2019   #92
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaZach View Post
Ordered one a couple weeks ago, came in last week. It looks like a good product, light, easy to set up/take down. I like that the bag is big enough to get it all packed in easily. I DON'T LIKE the sharp corners. Just setting it up and taking it down and putting it in the bag a couple times, I can already tell the bag won't last half a season with those corners. Corners also pose a serious hazard in camp. Not a huge deal, nothing that a rasp and 20 minutes didn't fix. Maybe later iterations will feature rounded corners. Also, as others have said, I'm wondering how long this thing will last. Super cool that you can order pieces as they break down instead of buying a whole new setup. Even if longevity is only half the life of a Cambridge or the like, you're still getting a better bang for your buck over time.
The corners is something we are already working on! They're just aluminium so you can round them down pretty easily yourself if you care to take the time. If you ever have trouble with a bag failing just give us a call and we'll take care of ya.
CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019   #93

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 2000
MFS Salmon trip coming up at the end of May and was debating on what fire pan to buy. Found this thread and there is no way I couldn't try one for the price. Ordered a fire pan and extra screen today. What a deal. Will see about upgrading with the grill kit soon.

As others have said, thanks for being a stand up sponsor of the site and standing behind your product and following up on issues.
missiongravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019   #94
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by missiongravity View Post
MFS Salmon trip coming up at the end of May and was debating on what fire pan to buy. Found this thread and there is no way I couldn't try one for the price. Ordered a fire pan and extra screen today. What a deal. Will see about upgrading with the grill kit soon.

As others have said, thanks for being a stand up sponsor of the site and standing behind your product and following up on issues.
And thank you for giving us a shot. I'm sure you're going to be more than happy with the Pop-Up Pit's performance but if you do have any issues or questions don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers!
Old 05-14-2019   #95
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
We'll be at Overland Expo this weekend if anyone of you guys wanted to stop by and say Hi or check out the Pit!
Old 05-15-2019   #96

Boulder, Colorado
How about a mini Campfire Defender designed to fit the Pop-Up Pit? Would be nice to put out a fire faster, particularly if the wind picks up.

Also would like one bag that holds the Pit, grills, and fire blanket (perhaps some tongs and spatula too) so it's all one tidy package.
Alpnrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019   #97
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpnrafter View Post
How about a mini Campfire Defender designed to fit the Pop-Up Pit? Would be nice to put out a fire faster, particularly if the wind picks up.

Also would like one bag that holds the Pit, grills, and fire blanket (perhaps some tongs and spatula too) so it's all one tidy package.

We are working on all of the above right now! The current issue with the campfire defender material is how expensive it is so we're playing with a few different ways to combat this.

We are also working on some different gear bag designs so that is in the funnel as well!

Love the suggestions, keep em comin'
Old 05-16-2019   #98

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
I bought the pop up fire pit just prior to spring break, had it out on over 100 plus miles. The thing is amazing, almost no ash to pack out in the morning.
Bobthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #99

Rainy Northwest, Washington
Review

Got one. Used it on several trips so far. Pluses:

Lightweight
Compact
Roomy
Burns great
Nachos underneath from radiant heat --!!!!!!!

Nitpick
Grommets for screen should be stainless. They started to rust after the first use.

five stars from me.
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #100

Bend, Oregon
Update

So had the pit out on itís third trip(grande Ronde River). After having an issue with the first mesh. It developed holes after the first fire. I called the company and talked with Mark. He sent me out a new one. It seemed like a different material. It has performed flawlessly. 6 fires on the new mesh, one of those was a burn everything we are off tomorrow fire. All I can say is itís a great design and the guys at fireside industry have some of the best customer service around. If you have a problem just give them a call and they take care of it.
Bobthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote