Pop-Up Pit Grill Grates - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-05-2018   #1
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Pop-Up Pit Grill Grates

Hey everyone!

The time has finally arrived, after months of testing and redesigning we finally have a production version of the grilling grates for the Pop-Up Pit.

The grates are heavy-duty stainless steel so you can cook with heavy dutch ovens over your fire if you want. They measure in at 22"x16" or over 350 square inches of cooking space.

The grates feature a Tri-Fold design meaning they pack down just as small as the Pop-Up Pit. (Grates packed size is 22"x5")

We are currently accepting Pre-Orders for the grilling grates through our website. We have a limited inventory coming in and will begin shipping on Oct. 15th.

Because this community has been outstanding as far as the feedback and testing you guys have done for us we did want to offer out a discount code.

If you use the code "MB20" at checkout it'll save you 20% off that final retail price of $69.95

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers guys,

Fireside Outdoor Team

CampfireDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2018   #2

How far off of the surface of the fire pit pan does the surface of the grill sit?
protechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018   #3
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by protechie View Post
How far off of the surface of the fire pit pan does the surface of the grill sit?
Great Question! The grill sits about 4" off the coal base. We've done a lot of testing with the grates and found something interesting, because of the airflow the cooking acts a bit different.

Most standard grills cook through conduction heating meaning you heat up the metal grills and they transfer that heat to the meat or dutch oven. The Pop-Up Pit ends up cooking more through a combination of convection and conduction. There is constantly hot air flowing around whatever you're cooking so you're getting a more even heat across your whole cooking area. The grill grates still get hot so you can sear your meat but food WILL cook faster.

We do recommend that you do a backyard test of cooking on the grill just to get used to the new style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2018   #4

Jenks, Oklahoma
I like the design of the grill as far as I can tell from the photo on your website is really good.

I still think I will use my WalMart el cheepo pizza pan when using my DO on your product.

I just sent in my pre order for the grill, thanks for the discount

I have been rafting for many decades so I have the bullet proof but super heavy versions plus a couple home made firepans.

Your version looks to me to be ideal for self support IK trips which is why I ordered the original fire pit.

I think your unit will be the one I toss in just to meet Ranger requirements whether I plan to use it for a fire pit or DO cooking. All in all, good job so far and having the grill fold up is a good deal.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018   #5
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboater View Post
I like the design of the grill as far as I can tell from the photo on your website is really good.

I still think I will use my WalMart el cheepo pizza pan when using my DO on your product.

I just sent in my pre order for the grill, thanks for the discount

I have been rafting for many decades so I have the bullet proof but super heavy versions plus a couple home made firepans.

Your version looks to me to be ideal for self support IK trips which is why I ordered the original fire pit.

I think your unit will be the one I toss in just to meet Ranger requirements whether I plan to use it for a fire pit or DO cooking. All in all, good job so far and having the grill fold up is a good deal.

Right on man! Just glad we can finally give you guys some more options out there!

Cheers
Old 10-25-2018   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
Grill Grates are now available and shipping.
Old 11-12-2018   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
[QUOTE=CampfireDefender;712091]Grill Grates are now available and shipping.[/QUOTE

Do you have plans to sell these on Amazon too?

What's is the status of your oven add on?

-Cody
Fly By Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018   #8
Sponsoring Vendor

SURPRISE, Arizona
[QUOTE=Fly By Night;712949]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampfireDefender View Post
Grill Grates are now available and shipping.[/QUOTE

Do you have plans to sell these on Amazon too?

What's is the status of your oven add on?

-Cody
Hey Cody,

These will be available off of Amazon as well. There's just a bit of a process we have to go through to ensure no one else can sell a knock-off under our listing. Once that's done the listing will go up.

We are still in the early development of the oven add-on. We will keep everyone posted as we get closer here!

Cheers.
Old 11-14-2018   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampfireDefender View Post

Hey Cody,

These will be available off of Amazon as well. There's just a bit of a process we have to go through to ensure no one else can sell a knock-off under our listing. Once that's done the listing will go up.

We are still in the early development of the oven add-on. We will keep everyone posted as we get closer here!

Cheers.

Sounds good, do you have plans for a black Friday special?
Fly By Night is offline   Reply With Quote