Women's Poudre Race! This FRIDAY 6/21 - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-17-2013   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Women's Poudre Race! This FRIDAY 6/21

Natalie (gnat), Tina (WWlush) and I have been talking about doing a ladies race on the poudre for a while and we've finally got a plan....Here is Natalie's fb post/link that describes the character of the event. (It's an open event so that link should work...I think...)

https://www.facebook.com/events/521883591182658/

Fun women's weekend of paddling on the Poudre. Race on Friday June 21st at 6 pm , meet at bridges put in. Race section to be determined by who shows up and water levels. BBQ and camping (HUGE yard!!!) at Natalie's house in fort Collins Friday night (SUMMER SOLTICE 2013!!!) followed by fun paddling on various sections on Saturday. Options include, filter plant II, bridges III, poudre park III-IV, lower III and upper mish III-IV, rustic, narrows IV-V, Spencer heights IV-V and big south V.

All abilities are welcome! Come meet other women paddlers and get some tips. If you don't want to race you can always spectate and then run some easier runs on Saturday. If you don't want to kayak at all just come out and hang out on the river with us! Men are welcome to come, but you aren't allowed to race.

Although we don't have oodles of prizes for the event, we are going to have a li'l sumthin for the winner and 2nd place...

If you are interested in helping with safety or timing, let me know and I'll get you some details....as soon as we have more of them..!

Please spread the word!!! Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013   #2
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
my wife and I will be up saturday. She'll most likely want to take laps on FP, maybe a bridges run if she's up for it. I'm sure she'd love to meet some other beginner women boaters
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Sweet! Natalie and Leif are going to bring the "Do it Now," sit on top that Fluid makes, so maybe she would want to hop in that if she isn't interested in being in a closed boat. We'll get a better plan for Saturday when we see who shows up on Friday, so check this thread again on friday eve.
Glad you and your wife are coming up! The poudre is awesome!!!

Beth
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 03
You guys are also welcome to come join the BBQ at my house on Friday and camp in the yard with the other ladies.
gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #5
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaout View Post
Sweet! Natalie and Leif are going to bring the "Do it Now," sit on top that Fluid makes, so maybe she would want to hop in that if she isn't interested in being in a closed boat. We'll get a better plan for Saturday when we see who shows up on Friday, so check this thread again on friday eve.
Glad you and your wife are coming up! The poudre is awesome!!!

Beth
Thanks! She has all her own gear just no roll yet. I'm working til midnight friday but hopefully we'll run into you guys saturday! I'll check here when I get off friday night.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Just curious,
Can anyone make it besides me and Tina Friday night? I know that she's got me beat, I was just wondering who else I have to worry about.
Old 06-18-2013   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Ummm, you have to worry about ME, duh. Pssshhhhhaa......
Old 06-19-2013   #8

Fort Collins, Colorado
Now I'm shaking in my bones!

Just ran the middle and lower narrows yesterday. Juicy at 3.7. I think we'll hold the race from cardiac down through pineview. I've got a pretty sweet prize for last place. Beth, maybe you'll win it...
Old 06-19-2013   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Ohhh, well then excuse me little miss, "I went to the WWGP... ....I'm the key note speaker for some big deal....I'm a PRO-sponsered-kayaker...my husband has the best mullet this side of the divide...." Man, you are going to be so sorry when I show up with my corisca S and and kill it....Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013   #10
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Oh hey, you ladies are trying trash talking! Great attempts so far. I wish I could race, but instead I think I'll just take photos. Would it mess with anyone's lines if I shoot the start, then paddle past all the racers to set up to shoot the finish?
leif is offline   Reply With Quote