Women specific Rescue Pfd - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-18-2012   #1

bc, CA
Paddling Since: 2007
Women specific Rescue Pfd

I am in need of a new whitewater PFD. I want one with a rescue belt. Here is the problem...I have a short torso, but need a women's specific (if you know what I mean) or something that works. Any girls out there that can give me some insight?

brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012   #2

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2011
howdy - I had the same dilemma and I recently got the Extrasport Pro Creeker in a XS/S size. I love it! Fits great and has been well tested so far - I took it to Chile in February and it performed fantastic. I looked at a pile of different vests and and very happy I chose the extrasport.

check it out
Whitewater Life Jackets - Whitewater Life Vests | Extrasport®
firepup21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #3

bc, CA
Thanks Firepup...I had looked at this one but it seems long on the torso by the picture. Perhaps it's just deceiving. How big are you. If it's too personal a question please PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012   #4

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2011
No Prob. I am about 5' 5", 130lbs. I'd say I have an average torso I guess, short legs for sure. I had the jacket in my car and had someone snap a picture real quick. As you can see the buckle at the bottom of the vest hits me right at the top of my jeans. I don't have all the straps cinched down in the picture. Mostly I like it cause it is pretty low profile. A lot of the other vests I tried were really bulky...

Click image for larger version

Name:	life_jacket.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	528.4 KB
ID:	4546
firepup21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #5

bc, CA
Yes, it looks good. I am also 5'5 128lbs, but have long legs, short torso. The problem I have with most life jackets is not being able to bend over far enough to roll comfortably. Unfortuantely I have very large breasts which really can be problematic with life jackets. I roll much better without a life jacket but of course, that is not an option.
Old 04-18-2012   #6

North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Let me know what you end up getting- I'm in the same boat so to speak as you with pfd fit. I like the Greenjacket best so far but the "shove 'em out to the sides" look isn't the greatest.
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Greenjacket for sure
RGyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
An Astral Wonder Jacket is a Women's specific jacket that can take a 2" QR and tether...Kinda hard to find in stock. Not sure if they even make them any more. You could call Astral and ask though...OR we could find out for you. It sounds exactly like what you are looking for.
Astral Buoyancy

Also, check out the Sea Wolf. It is built on the Willis Frame, and has TONS of features including towing. It is not Green Jacket burly, but if you are not paddling Class V all the time, you may not need it.
The Astral Buoyancy Sea Wolf PFD
ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #9

bc, CA
Well, my Kokatat Ronin Pro arrived today. It was a terrible fit. I order the smallest size and it was huge (everywhere except where it needed to be). Back to the drawing board.
Old 05-02-2012   #10

bc, CA
I was getting quite discouraged and after lot of disapoinment and returning pfd's (ordered online) I finally found one and love it. It's a Salus Rescue Pfd, made in Canada. Super short in the torso, and does not squish the 'girls'. Yay!!!