The Ladies' Project - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-19-2011   #1

Fort Bragg, California
The Ladies' Project

Help change a paradigm! Its time to think outside the cockpit and look at boat design for women - The Ladies' Project.

thorn91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011   #2

winter park, colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
start with the name.

would you call it a vagpit instead of a cockpit?
mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
rah haha....punny: )
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011   #4

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Paddling life is onto it, and why not? everything else in the world comes women specific, skis, bikes even cars (VW Jetta, Subaru Forester, etc.) Ladies' Kayak Project
Steamboating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #5

I don't quite get what they think they are going to find out. Are they going to raise the seat so a woman's CG is higher? Isn't that what Jackson already did with the Rockstars? Maybe change the outfitting around to fit women better. It seems to me that boats are designed for how it will react to water not where a persons CG is.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #6

ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
hips dude... it's all about outfitting...
Old 08-03-2011   #7

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Here here RiverMama! I have kind of small hips myself, and sometimes have a hard time finding a good fit for my body. The smaller boats can fit my hips alright but are restrictively short for my legs, and my hips don't come close to filling up the space when I get into a size up (makes it kinda tough to really pull off a clean roll). A new rig/system for outfitting boats (in which I DON'T have to stuff my kayak with foam pads - insert joke here-) would be brilliant.
goldtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #8

Ottawa, Ontario
Paddling Since: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldtown
Here here RiverMama! I have kind of small hips myself, and sometimes have a hard time finding a good fit for my body. The smaller boats can fit my hips alright but are restrictively short for my legs, and my hips don't come close to filling up the space when I get into a size up (makes it kinda tough to really pull off a clean roll). A new rig/system for outfitting boats (in which I DON'T have to stuff my kayak with foam pads - insert joke here-) would be brilliant.
Try wavesport zero gravity 48 might work
mish1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #9

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I don't need a women's specific boat!

I've been kayaking for 6 summers and my boat fits me fine. I paddle the Jackson 2Fun. I'm 5'7", 127#'s. The outfitting is awesome since the hip pads area adjustable. I use the foam block now, and that made all the difference in comfort and "tightness" in the knees. I love the design of the 2Fun...you'd likely NEVER get me to switch boats, even if it was FEMALE SPECIFIC. My 2 cents.
chellebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #10

x, x
Paddling Since: x
I wanted to post a while back, but when I read your post chellebelle I was impressed to hear what you had said.

I think woman specific everything is just a way to get woman to buy a higher priced product over something that could work for everyone with a little adjustment. I do not think there is an advantage or any changes in the product for that matter. helmets, gloves, skis, boats paddles etc...

My wife and I recently shoped for gloves and a helmet for this up and comming ski season. her helmet 140$ mine 40$ her gloves 80-140$ mine 40$ I know a sale is a sale but her helmet retailed for 140$ no mark down last years model. my helmet was 80$ marked down to 40$ why?

now, if they made a product that was "big dick specific" I might invest.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote