Teenagers - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-18-2006   #1

Teenagers

Im a sixteen year old, I was introduced to kayaking by my dad, who's a complete adrenaline addict.
However, I'm having problems in a couple areas and was wondering if anyone knew of someone who could give some advice...
i'd really appreciate it.
thanks,
dani

AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006   #2

What type of advice are you looking for? I might know some people who could be helpful, depending on the issues.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #3

Hey Dani,

Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Holley
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006   #4

Just ask here or pm. I started paddling when I was young, with my dad as well. It can be a different experience.
Old 10-19-2006   #5

Duhrango
OK... call me a knitpicker but Dani posted on the Betty Buzz looking for info from other girls and already 2 guys are jumping right in to help out. I wonder if she wanted help from the general community if she would just have posted on the regular forum? Reading the description for the Betty Buzz would think it was a place for women/girls to get together and shoot the shit about boating. Just some random thoughts this morning.
Old 10-19-2006   #6
SarahofTheWaves

FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
For real?

If you need advice you might be more specific.

Hope you are catching a little of the adenaline spirit yourself. If not, make sure you let your Dad know when you aren't comfortable on the river. It is supposed to be fun.

Sarah
sarahkonamojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #7

Geezer- I think she is posting on this forum as it is more comfortable for her to post. The guys who post here are looking to help her out, expressing that they are open to her questions and concerns, which is not always the case on the main forum. I think women in general can benefit from both types of advice.
I like having this forum open to men and women, as all the advice is beneficial- sometimes in a different way.
Tina
WW Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
Well said Lush.
Old 10-20-2006   #9

haha, wow i feel popular.
well, actually my main problem is my roll, i can hit them perfectly the first few times, and then i just lose it. Any tips on it?
AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #10

Hey Dani,

Check out this webpage http://www.creativepursuits.net/kayaking.htm for some dryland tips. Mandy is a kayak instructor and a very smooth paddler. I'm not sure if she's on to Betty Buzz yet, but hopefully she will chime in here soon. I would never have thought a dryland exercise would help with a roll till I saw this. Watch those little videos next to each exercise.

In my experience...9 times out of 10, when a roll fails it is because the person is picking their head up too early and it throws them back down. Also, if you can open your eyes while under water to make sure your paddle blade is in the right position, you might find that helps. You don't want your paddle blade vertically slicing through the water, or diving way beneath the water's surface, and sometimes you won't know this is happening unless you see it.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote