SEXY NEW BOAT!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-10-2007   #1

303, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
SEXY NEW BOAT!!!

Apparently purple is the new blue...
Check out the new Jackson lavender boat color...it is awesome!
Jackson Kayak - Kayak News, Kayak Photos, Kayak Videos and Kayak Stories

So cool!

http://www.whitewaterhelmet.com/index2.asp
CUkayakGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007   #2
SarahofTheWaves

FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
Not to be too cynical, but hopefully purple is NOT the new blue. Most of the blue boats cracked...

But the lavender looks nice.

sarah
sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #3

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2007
Was this a problem specific to Jackson? Were there any other colors effected? I really like the black kayak they make.
apurcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007   #4

303, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurcell View Post
Was this a problem specific to Jackson? Were there any other colors effected? I really like the black kayak they make.
Hey!
Jacksons are solid.
I heard (I could be wrong) that there was one bad batch of blue ones, mostly the mega rockers and that was, i think 2006 or 07 model. Something about the plastic not getting mixed or cooked right. It doesnt seem to be a consistent problem like the EZG's were.
Someone that actually knows more about the problem will probably respond with the real reason.

PM TheCraw or JCKeck1 with any questions about that stuff.

I was just excited for the purple!

Old 12-20-2007   #5

Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Hey, I hate to do this because the guys at Jackson are good people. There is, however, a certain point where I just have to be honest.

I admit, I used to like their design. Unfortunately, among the 3 boats of theirs that I had at one time or another (all 2007 models), 2 had serious outfitting defects and 1 had a problem with gouged plastic. My brother paddled their boats for a while as well and broke two over the summer. Now, I was in a position to get those boats replaced quickly and easily. My brother, however, talked to EJ about the problem personally several times and it was never fixed.

Good designs and great people but honestly, the word 'solid,' isn't even close to applying.
Old 12-20-2007   #6

Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Oh and it wasn't specific to one color or model. Two of mine were red, my brother had one blue and one green.
Old 12-21-2007   #7

303, Colorado
I guess it depends.

I had a 2005 2Fun and my boyfriend didnt tie it on the roof very well and it flew off the roof at 70 miles an hour on I-25. It got hit by two cars and side-swipped by a semi-truck. The boat had tire marks on it but it was perfectly fine.

I think they changed the plastic because my '07 2Fun does not seem as strong. (I have not had to test it on the highways yet though, thank god!)

Maybe that is the problem. What do you think David?

Old 12-21-2007   #8

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2007
Hmmm that makes me leary of getting an 08 Jackson
apurcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #9
gh

pnw, Colorado
David, I am just asking but you have the riot team blog in your signature yet are talking about jackson boats. Most reps are pretty clear about their industry connections on this site. Do you have connections with non-Jackson companies?
Old 12-21-2007   #10
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
I had a red 05 SuperFun & it was bomber. Bought an 07, it was a blue one. Part of the underbaked batch and it cracked. It took all of about 10 seconds on the phone with Carman @ Jackson for her to ask which color I wanted for my replacement boat.
My green replacement has been beaten and tortured and held up well. I have friends in red and yellow 07's and both are doing great.
Every company has manufacturing problems (especially in kayaking where the product is abused so much), so the most important thing is how fast they can address the problem and how well they deal with the people who receive the bad product. Jackson owned up to the issue.
I've heard and read so many horror stories of dealing with other companies (cough!wavesportcough!cough!) and heard and read so many good stories of dealing with Jackson. It's not possible that all of these people have been drinking the cool-aid. EJ's a nice guy but he's not some svengali. Everyone's not caught in a Steve Jobs-esque Reality Distortion Field. They're being won over by the quality of the boats, the simplicity and light weight of the outfitting, and the great service and people standing behind their product.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Jackson, and probably will next season (SuperStar!!! & maybe a MegaRocker). But I don't think I'm going for the purple. I think CUkayakgirl will look better in that than me.
Maybe pink.

And no, I don't work for Jackson.
acetomato is offline   Reply With Quote