New to Boulder Area... - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-09-2008   #1

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
New to Boulder Area...

Hey- I am looking for some peeps to paddle with this summer. I just move to the Boulder area. I am comfortable on classII and want to improve. Hope to hear from some of you.

animasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2008   #2

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by animasgirl View Post
Hey- I am looking for some peeps to paddle with this summer. I just move to the Boulder area. I am comfortable on classII and want to improve. Hope to hear from some of you.
I just moved here 3 months ago myself. I'd be down to paddle with you. Although I am about as clueless as you are, haha.
Old 05-09-2008   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Hi,

Do you know about Outdoor Divas on Pearl Street? They are a great store that teaches classes for women, and run awesome workshops, (Rebeccah Giddens taught a slalom weekend course several years ago). And you could hook up with some great gals. I taught for them before moving to Durango. If you wander in, tell them Kim says hi!

Kim
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2008   #4

Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
My roommate is always looking for people her level to paddle with. I am also teaching like 5 people how to paddle this summer. If you are ever up in Vail area looking for paddlers let me know.
j.p.comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5

Look up Colorado White Water they run trips all over the state for there club members you will meet lot's of people at your level.Next week they are having an event called training camp where I met lot's of my kayak bud's.
http://www.coloradowhitewater.org/mc/page.do
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #6

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey! If I don't go to Waterton Canyon tomorrow I think I'm going to head to the Boulder Res to paddle around. After being away from kayaking for a while my strokes need some serious tuning up!!!!! I don't have any firm plans regarding time, but imagine it will be in the early afternoon. Write me back if you're interested in meeting up...anyone else too, for that matter!
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #7

girl boaters

I live in Boulder too and always looking for people to boat with. All my boater guy friends are always begging for me to bring more gals along!! I'm out every weekend. Out of cell phone reach for all of May, Middle Fork, Westwater and Deso/Gray, but please give me a call! 303-956-9327.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animasgirl View Post
latouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #8

kittredge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
You sound like just my speed...

I just moved to Boulder 2 weeks ago and looking for some boating buddies as well. I'm comfortable in class 2 (need a combat roll yet though!) and looking to improve to class 3 this year. Been guiding (oars/paddleboat) for 9 years, so pretty comfortable on river, just need to learn to do it better in a smaller boat. I'm available weekends as well as some weekdays too. Let me know when you'd like to go out. Maybe we could put a group trip together...

Sue
415-816-3165
Old 05-16-2008   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Hey,
I am also a new kayaker, last year was my first season and I would like to meet a few people to go out with. I did a few class 3 runs at the end of last year although I would still say that I am more comfortable with 2+. I am looking to improve this year. I am also from Boulder.

Kristin
kkiriluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #10

Durangp, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Hey all I am moving back to boulder for the summer comfortable for class III+ and have been born in boulder and want to run steep creeks. I am from Durango and will be there in June let me know if anyone wants to paddle
jjpaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boulder