looking for beginner kayakers - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-09-2012   #1

denver, Colorado
looking for beginner kayakers

Starting to kayak this season. Bought a used Jackson 2Fun. I've been to the pool a couple of times and to Golden once...just looking for some other newbies to join me. -Liz

lhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012   #2
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Hey, I've been try to teach Liz how to kayak and someone needs to undo all the poor advice I've given her so far. She's got just enough enthusiasm and poor common sense to become a great kayaker, but she needs some beginner partners. Give her some love!
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #3

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Check out Colorado Whitewater - Home. We are the biggest front range kayak club, membership is only $35 and there are tons of events, free club led cruises and discounted formal classes. Lots of beginners.
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Hello Liz,

I'm a relative beginner kayaker. I live in Golden and am also looking for some beginners to paddle with. I'm gonna try and head to the park today. Let me know if your interested sometime. I'm a former raft guide and have my WRT so I'm very comfortable in the water, but just learning how to kayak. Let me know!

-Grant
SouthernSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #5

Summit County, and Idaho
Welcome Liz,
Its always great to have more women paddlers! If you ever get up my way (summit county) I would gladly take you down the lower blue (beginner/intermediate) or lower ten mile creek. They are great runs and will probably be at lower levels this year. The upper C is a really good beginner run..but unless you are going to be booze cruising or in a raft loaded down with kids and dogs it gets old fast.
I have my own business so my days are flexible. However I am going to school in Denver every other weekend, so weekdays work better for me.
Also..If you want to hit the golden play park on a weekend, I could cruise over after class for an hour or so.
Again, welcome and I hope you make some good boating friends and get on some nice trips!
~Michelle
Fallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #6

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Hey Michelle,

I was reading your quote and thought it woulda been so funny if the last part said "and usually only lasts a minute or so" or "and usually lasts a lot less than you hope for". he he he
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #7

Summit County, and Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post
Hey Michelle,

I was reading your quote and thought it woulda been so funny if the last part said "and usually only lasts a minute or so" or "and usually lasts a lot less than you hope for". he he he
Yeah, you could have some fun with the ending!
Fallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #8

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Hey Liz!

My girlfriend is just starting to get into kayaking as well and would live to have someone besides her boyfriend to kayak with. We are in fort Collins and are excited to start boating. Both new to the area.
Sarge6531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #9

denver, Colorado
Thanks for the responses!

Grant-I'm planning to go to golden next week. Let me know if you want to meet up/which days work for you. I usually go after work (530ish).

Michelle- thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely take you up on your offer and will let you know when I will be in summit county. As far as golden, I'm down to go whenever, so let me know when you're in town.

Sarge- sounds good. Let me know when you guys go/want to go and vice versa. If you want to come over to golden I can meet you there almost anytime.
lhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #10

The Fort, Colorado
I'm also new to paddling and fort collins and have found the pool sessions helpful for meeting people and learning about the area.

there is also a facebook page for newbies up here: fort collins kayaking.
whitewater_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote