Fort Collins ladies apres work boating - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Betty Buzz

Old 04-10-2007   #1

Steamboat/Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Fort Collins ladies apres work boating

So there is a crew of women that mountian bike in Fort Collins at horsetooth every week after workish called team BOB. Why not steal their idea and bring it to the Poudre? No need to copy the name, or even have one, unless someone feels strongly creative. Pick one evening per week, time, and place to meet to set shuttle. If we had enough turn out, we could have different goups for different sections. From what I have seen on trail runs while the team BOB ladies are out in horsetooth, its a very positive and encouraging atmosphere.

Let me know what y'all think.

ripdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2007   #2
shindig

Fort Collins, Colorado
I am very up for it as many others I know are likely also.- I am not going to be in the Fort as much this summer but still will join when in town. -I'm down.-SMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdam View Post
So there is a crew of women that mountian bike in Fort Collins at horsetooth every week after workish called team BOB. Why not steal their idea and bring it to the Poudre? No need to copy the name, or even have one, unless someone feels strongly creative. Pick one evening per week, time, and place to meet to set shuttle. If we had enough turn out, we could have different goups for different sections. From what I have seen on trail runs while the team BOB ladies are out in horsetooth, its a very positive and encouraging atmosphere.

Let me know what y'all think.
Old 04-14-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdam View Post
No need to copy the name, or even have one, unless someone feels strongly creative
I thought it was unofficially the Poudre Puffs...

Some regular boating with the ladies sounds like fun. Sunshine, water, a good group of girls, and beer at the take-out. Sarah K, are you up for making the drive to meet us?

I'm also still hoping for the CO river tour that was brought up earlier in the year. You know, where the local girls play tour guide on their home river, and we all try boating some different stuff.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007   #4

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Count me in girls, I just have to get a ride over every now and then from Steamboat. I am good for gas money, donīt worry
Pura vida
Sarah
conmihupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #5

Leadvillian, Colorado
So how are you going to keep the guys away?

Kristin says she's down!

Y'all have a good summer.
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #6
labaker

Poudre Puffs

Im going to try and get a new boat this weekend at the swap... Ill be ready to shred the nar nar with ya'll.
Old 04-19-2007   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 90
I think it is a great idea!
Bonnie
riveranimal652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #8

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I'd be up for that... I'm sure I could get a few Denver girls to join me... Sounds like fun!

Laurie
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #9

Boating on the Poudre

I'm in! I'm in Florida now, but will be in Fort Collins by May 15th. Once there, I'll be looking to boat pretty much every day. Anyone in for late afternoon/early evening runs on Bridges (or whatever) on weekdays, let me know.

Cheers,
Steph
FCez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #10

Count me in! I have to work until 5 daily. But, could meet up there around 5:30-6 once the river is running. Bridges is always a good option for a wide range of skills. Probably only 1-2 weeks away! Wahoo!
dbundy is offline   Reply With Quote