Any other River Moms out there? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-03-2009   #1

ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
Any other River Moms out there?

Hey gals, I have been a boater my whole life & reciently became a mom! I have stumbled across a few other boater moms, & would Love to connect with more! It's great to have friends you can connect with on many levels...

RiverMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009   #2

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Congrats on becoming a mom! I have been an avid kayaker for the last 10+ years and became a mom in 2007. I now have two kids ages 2 years and 2 months. Kayaking is still important to me and I try to get out as much as possible. It would be great to get together both on and off the river. My email is [email protected]
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #3

Yeah! River Mammas unite! I'm not much of a kayaker, (knee issues) but am a guide,
(& have been for 10 yrs!) I took last summer off to be a full time stay at home mom, but am going back to work this year... it feels sooooo good to be working again! I got out play boating a couple of times last year, but it's just not the same...
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009   #4

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Oops sorry Rivermamma
My wife accidentally logged in with my username.
Her user name is Raleigh and I think she left her email on here to contact her directly
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #5

paonia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
hiya! we take our babes out all the time! only class 2 with them. they are 3 and 6. I have been working as a guide again too. out of moab. one or two trips a year, so far...
hey i used to live in crestone, and my hubby did for 7 yrs.. maybe we know you?
lalunalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalunalee View Post
hiya! we take our babes out all the time! only class 2 with them. they are 3 and 6. I have been working as a guide again too. out of moab. one or two trips a year, so far...
hey i used to live in crestone, and my hubby did for 7 yrs.. maybe we know you?
Yeah, class II for my baby too, but by 6 my dad had me on class III. I'v been getting some work, it's still early season here though, had a trip yesterday & one comming up this sat. Anyways, Crestone... we've only been there about 2-3yrs. My Name is Elisha, my husband's name is Alex (he has a big red beard & long red hair, I'm tall & blonde.) We play celtic music... you might have seen us at the buskers fest a few years back before we moved there. How long have you been in Payonia? I'm sure if we haven't met, we have mutual friends, Crestone is a smal town... There are actually a suprising number of moms there who used to guide! Only two of us who still do...
Old 05-14-2009   #7

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
yeah ladies

Hi Ladies, I am a mom and would love to meet others that paddle (either double blade or single blade). I am in the Fort Collins area so pm me if any of you are around these parts! I hope all of you mamas get out there on the river!
yakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakmom View Post
Hi Ladies, I am a mom and would love to meet others that paddle (either double blade or single blade). I am in the Fort Collins area so pm me if any of you are around these parts! I hope all of you mamas get out there on the river!
I'm in Salida... sometimes. It's kinda close. Thinking about doing a mamma/ kiddo Ark float sometime in July...
Old 05-20-2009   #9

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I'm a mom and getting into boating. If you're ever in the Roaring Fork Valley let me know. Trying to get out there are meet other ladies to boat with.
CMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #10

Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1980
River Momming, nothing like it! Took my son of six on two 5 day commercial deso trips 2007. Took my entire family (dad, me, son 7 and daughter's first 4) on a commercial 6 day San Juan 2008. My husband balked as he was not able to row so much in the commercial limelight, so we take on a three day San Juan with two other families June 12 2009.
Hint (in Utah) the May West life vest reads for youth under 90 pounds. If it fits well, the water levels suitable, littler children can raft commercially under this regulation. But take along the Class III and exchange the May West for this lighter PFD to play at the water's edge in camp.
And I find wrapping soft, worn bandanas around the life vest front panels alleviates the chaffing little kids can amass from multiple days of PFD wearing.
Nice to meet you. I am crazy chatty. I beg your pardon.
Moab Enthalpy is offline   Reply With Quote