What's up with the Classified section lately? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-09-2018   #1

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
What's up with the Classified section lately?

Lot of duplicate ads, ads on hold...What's going on the past few weeks?

heyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2018   #2

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1975
When I posted in the classifieds recently. The Ad immediately went to "sold". It took a while of re-editing, changing settings, and re-editing again to finally get it to work. I'm guessing the multiple listings are people trying to re-list an item without it automatically showing "Sold"......
Aerocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018   #3

C. Springs, Colorado
I just listed a 14' Aire and it says it's sold and its not sold. The asking price disappeared too. I can't figure out how to edit it either. Any help is appreciated. I have a Super Puma and Duck to list, but I'd like to get the first one listed right.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2018   #4

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Caverdan, it was your post that prompted my making this thread. Hoping an admin can chime in and let us know. Seen several classifieds recently that seem to be filling the same pattern you described. As an aside, can you let me know the details on your Aire 14?
heyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018   #5

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyben View Post
Caverdan, it was your post that prompted my making this thread. Hoping an admin can chime in and let us know. Seen several classifieds recently that seem to be filling the same pattern you described. As an aside, can you let me know the details on your Aire 14?
Sure can, The asking price is $3800.00. The raft has been used maybe once or twice a year for family trips. I do not know the year of the boat. I can't find the serial number anywhere on the boat, but I'm guessing it's a late 90's era boat. Most of the gear that comes with the boat is from AAA in Denver.

Does anyone know where Aire hides the serial number on their boats?

Here's the back story. The owner of the boat was diagnosed with brain cancer last Christmas and died a few weeks ago. Very sad story. I met John through rafting and the high school trips I use to help guide on, called Senior Seminar. He was one of the teachers and soon after the program ended, he started teaching at a charter school. The school is called community prep and he ended up putting together a rafting trip on the San Juan for the students. I jumped in and helped organize the trip with several USAFA guides. The rest is history as we have continued doing these trips together over the last years he's been with us. After the first trip down the San Juan, we graduated back to Desolation canyon....his favorite place to be. I kind of knew that this years April trip might be his last. He wanted to go again this summer, but his condition worsened.

I have so enjoyed these High School trips with him over the years. Each trip has been a life changing experience for so many people, because of his efforts to bring them to Desolation Canyon. His spirit and love of the canyon will forever live in Desolation. I'll be talking to him again on my next trip down.
Old 11-10-2018   #6

Anytown, USA
Moved this thread to Support, so we'll see it better.

I haven't been able to recreate the error here, though I did get some odd behavior from my test ad. Gave me a 500 error message when I made my ad, though it still went through

Link for my ad: https://www.mountainbuzz.com/swap/sh...le=test&cat=16

Going to give this some time and then check back, to see if my ad marks itself as sold

Kevin
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018   #7

Denver, Colorado
When I click your link, it takes me to a page that says ad is on hold and no description of what it is/was.
Seems to be something funny going on, good luck and thanks for working on it.
jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018   #8

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonseim View Post
When I click your link, it takes me to a page that says ad is on hold and no description of what it is/was.
Seems to be something funny going on, good luck and thanks for working on it.
I get the very same message for every ad that says sold....except my own. Kevin, you might have to log out or try a different account log in to see what's happening. I just went to your test ad and it says sold and when clicked on, it says it's on hold.
Old 11-11-2018   #9

St. George, Utah
Paddling Since: 1974
I listed an item a few days ago and found that when I submitted it I received an error message but the ad appeared. It showed as sold as well and had removed the price. I was able to get it to work by adding the price back in in the edit function and using the relist button. Worked for me.
dsrtrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018   #10

I had trouble posting an ad back in May.
I sent a PM to Tech Support asking for help.
I asked very specific questions.
They responded in Oct, without answering questions.

Tech "Non" Support.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote