What's up with post moderation? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-14-2017   #1

Boise, ID
Paddling Since: '99
What's up with post moderation?

Sometimes I can post, sometimes my threads have to be approved by a moderator. Is it my post count or something? I'll probably have to move on if everything has to be approved. Seems like only certain opinions get to be put out there.

Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017   #2

Boise, ID
Paddling Since: '99
A mod just explained in another thread that hyperlinks jam up the system sometimes and they are not notified for anyone else wondering. Nothing to see here.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Conundrum,

Restrac's correct on the other thread, there seems to be a glitch in the software that flags posts suspected of being spam. Basically posts with links in them get flagged as posting links is common with spammers. No one's being singled out because of their views, of which yours don't appear outside of what plenty of other folks have said in that thread. It's just a glitch and folks on the back end are working on it.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017   #4

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Andy et al. Thanks for what you do for this forum. I've greatly enjoyed being here.

Jon
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #5

cedar city, Utah
Thanks for the patience ya'll!
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #6
North Fork

Sandpoint, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1988
That explains why a post about my trailer I just ordered from Sawtooth Trailers didn't get posted. I had a hyperlink in there, which is a pretty standard internet usage. I am sure they are trying to work out the kinks. But a notification would be cool so I could edit. Is there a way to recover what I posted? Hopefully not a stupid question with an easy answer.
Patrick Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #7

Anytown, USA
Your posts get held in a moderation queue so once they're approved you will see them posted. Sorry for the inconvenience, I've gone ahead and approved your post.

Niall
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote